PHEV Inoperable

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anko said:
When you run down the 12v aux battery too far, you can see things like that happening. I have been able to run down the 12v aux battery so far (while working on my car with the 'ignition' on, but Ready light off) that I was no longer able to turn off the ignition. Illuminated ring around the power button could not be turned off. No matter how hard I tried / how long I pushed it. Nor could I lock he car. Could not even open the electric trunk to get to my jump start cables either. I think you wouldn't even be able to recharge the drive battery from the grid as the OBC ECU would not be functional.

Could it be you have an alarm system or GPS tracking device installed that takes too much from the 12v battery?

A general word of advice: when the car needs being worked on for a long period of time with the ignition on, make sure the Ready light is on. Then the 12v battery is constantly being topped up from the 300v drive battery.

Did you find out how you can turn the car off/ normally on again?

Hi folks - so I was on my way to a regular meeting, where I do a quick pit stop at a McD's for a takeaway breakfast and eat it whilst the car's getting a Chademo charge, nearby. Done it loads of times, so was on auto-pilot :lol:

Obviously, either the connector's faulty or I was ham fisted and did something ( :oops: ) as when I tried to drive away, I got the dreaded "EV Service Required" message on the dash and I was completely immobilised :cry:

After 5-10 mins of trying everything, including disconnecting the 12V battery and various fuses, I still couldn't get the car to start but did manage to get the car into Neutral.

A call to a local Mitsu dealer and they said I cannot reset the EV system and it would need to come in. Thankfully, they could have a look at my car immediately and even gave me details of a local recovery company.

£70 recovery to the dealer and 90 mins later, they had reset the system for £100. A couple of things I noted-
1) The mechanic used his laptop (presumably with the MUT3 system) and that got my car going, which enabled him to drive it into the garage.
2) The reset has increased my guessometer range! usually, I see a reading of 24 miles but initially, I saw 36 miles ( :shock: ) which gradually reduced and I now see 27 miles - I'll see how long that lasts! However, in 'real world' terms, it does seem to have improved slightly - yesterday, I did a trip around town before heading round the bypass which, previously, depleted my battery before I was halfway round the bypass but I ended up at home with 6 miles range still showing :cool:

I'm not sure how those who have used the BMU resets talked about on this (and other) forums are getting on but for the improvements I've had so far, I'd pay £100 every other year (or so) to have my system properly reset if it meant getting the improvements I've had so far!

So, for those who are having immobility issues, perhaps a system reset may do the trick?

Cheers

Bloggsy

Back