PHEV - Ordered!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjs104

Well after much deliberation (much of it with the kind assistance of posters on this board) we have ordered our Amythst Black Outlander PHEV, due to be with us in September (after waiting a bit to get a 64 plate - why not!)

I appreciate this is more exciting for me than most of you reading - but I just wanted to share. I look forward to being able to add my own tips as I learn to use the beast!

All the best,

Richard.

Congrats! Not too long to wait. We are nearly there with ours - understand how exciting it is! Looking at the forum is a great way to pass the time...
H

Well, I too have just taken the plunge and order a GX4hs in Glacier Blue. I'm waiting for the finance confirmation, hopefully a phone call later today or Monday!

I've been thinking about going electric for some time with the type of journey I normally do been less than 5 miles at a time and shortly to have access to a socket at my office.

This is a real departure for me having had V6 Alfas and then a CLS Mercedes for the last 5 years. Maybe It's my old age!

I was in two minds and just went back the dealer and they gave me the keys and said take it out on your own. I did and had a play around with the settings and it drove really nicely and was more than nippy enough around town and on the bypass.

I'm really looking forward to getting it but have to wait till September, though no definite date, of course.

Welcome to the "fold". Definitely understand how exciting it gets and how the waiting is unbearable. Well worth it in the end though!

I've also taken the plunge: ordered a GX4h for delivery in September. Funnily enough, I only 'discovered' the car through reading a negative 'review' of it in the Sunday Times. Writer was, I think, the same person who supposedly writes about houses but who instead turns out a critique of their owners. I had the chance to preview the Audi e-Tron (albeit left-hand drive), but that is not even yet taking orders and won't be delivered until 2015. In any event, the Mitsubishi looks the better deal. [/color]

Welcome all!

Poins, I would be very interested to hear more about your experiences with the Audi eTron as SWMBO has just recently bought an A3 and we are considering trading that for the Etron when it does arrive. :D

I was asked about my experience of the Audi e-Tron. Audi brought over a small number of German (left-hand drive) versions to show off. The spec was higher than the version that is due to be released in the UK in January. It was certainly a comfortable drive, tho' I am not used to LHD and so I had to concentrate more on that and so had less opp. to play with the electric motor controls. It seemed overly distracting to have to toggle through a menu of options to switch modes. Nevertheless, the car would have been a contender for me if I hadn't test-driven the Outlander the day before.

Boy am I looking forward to getting this car. Running around in my in laws petrol x type and have been checking my daily miles. Last day and a half I managed 38 miles, averaging 15mph and 16mpg! :eek:

All,
Well my order for a Pearl White GX4Hs is in the dealer and collecting it later today.
I cannot wait.

Sounds sad but i am really excited.

Thanks
Ian

Yes i have done a few trips and even a night time run and the car is great.

Doing a longer run on Tuesday to London so see how it handles on a motorway run.

Great. You'll find it solid as a rock on the motorway - a real easy drive and quite comfy I thought. Just come back from a trip to Germany and the car was super.
Cheers
H

Yes i can agree i have just done a 400 mile round trip.

Good way to break in the new motor.

Very comfortable and very capable on the Motorway.

I've done it, ordered one in Pearl White. Don't know when I will get it yet but did see one on the road today, looked stunning. I'm going to be honest as a company car driver the reduced benefit in kind did sway me, I have two girls and they can now have premium bonds each month - £10 k over the next 4 years.

Looking forward to reading all your experiences and learning by your knowledge.

Regards

Wakey.

Hi All,

I have ordered a Pearl White (wife and kids choice :? ) GX4h for delivery early October through our usual company lease firm. I went 'shopping' for a SUV and had decided on the new Nissan X Trail and was all set for a 23% BIK when I stumbled across the Outlander PHEV. Suddenly I'm getting a nice new car and getting a wage increase!? Apparently mine is on the boat arriving towards the end of September!

Just been in to Humphris in Oxford and apparently there are a couple of PHEV's arrived today, I saw a white one and there was a blue one too apparently! Don't think it is mine though :( , not due until September but the guy I've been talking to was not there today.

hi all, regarding shipping I have paid deposit with dealer middle July, and been told delivery by 2nd week Sept... can anybody else verify if this sounds likely? Bit worried when I hear posters saying things like 'ordered in June, expecting end Sept etc'... thanks :)

Back