Phone book upload failure

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramjit007

Hi I've a 2016 outlander PHEV GX4HS, I'm having issues uploading my mobile phone numbers onto the stereo, I've got a Samsung S6 Edge phone, has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution please.

Unfortunately I've got the same problem with my Asus Zenfone 2. Tries to transfer and a dialog appears on the phone for permission to allow access to phone book then it fails to transfer anything. I wondered if MMCS tries to transfer the phone book on the SIM.

ramjit007 said:
Hi I've a 2016 outlander PHEV GX4HS, I'm having issues uploading my mobile phone numbers onto the stereo, I've got a Samsung S6 Edge phone, has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution please.

I have NEVER gotten to the bottom of this one!!

Two different iphone models, wifi on/off, plugged into USB - dont think there is an option I have not tried!!

Glenn

Maybe it's down to the size of the file we're trying to upload onto the cars phonebook, it may worth testing it with just a few numbers first???

Good point. I have 500 odd contacts built up über the past few years.

I used to have a Renault Laguna which had Navteq satnav but would not transfer it's address book. But my last car also a Renault (glutton for punishment!) did transfer ok but was based on a tomtom satnav system.

Perhaps if I got my spare old android phone and setup a small address book and try transferring that would prove it either way?

If you import the phonebook through voice control it will remember where to find it whenever that phone is connected and used by voice. It does not display on the screen, though.

Back