Range is only 15miles!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstein

2017 PHEV with only 8000miles. Just taken ownership.

Great car but am concerned that fully charged the max range is only 15miles! Supposed to be 28miles. This is with no heaters on.

The dealer says that this range will increase in time because the car 'learns how you drive' and adjusts the range accordingly. Does anybody else know about this? It does not make a lot of sense to me.

I used to have a 2014 PHEV which had a range of 25miles usually. None of this 15mile nonsense!

epstein said:
2017 PHEV with only 8000miles. Just taken ownership.

Great car but am concerned that fully charged the max range is only 15miles! Supposed to be 28miles. This is with no heaters on.

The dealer says that this range will increase in time because the car 'learns how you drive' and adjusts the range accordingly. Does anybody else know about this? It does not make a lot of sense to me.

I used to have a 2014 PHEV which had a range of 25miles usually. None of this 15mile nonsense!

The in-dash guessometer is both inaccurate and variable (depending on driving history), in fact, there has been a recent TSB (technical service bulletin) to address the inaccuracy: Reference: TSB-19-55-005 | https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10169005-9999.pdf

To get a more accurate reading, you will need to get an OBD reader like Watchdog. Keep in mind readings from this tool is the BMU-lowered charge, not necessarily actual degradation.

If you've been thrashing the car then to an extent the guessometer will predict a lower range.

But I would have thought your previous experience with the 2014 would help you decide whether this reduced mileage is due to driving style, cold weather, or true degradation?

I am finding my MY2019 is incredibly temperature sensitive. In the summer the guessometer said 35-40 miles. Now it says 20-25 with no change in driving style or journey types.

Back