Remote app not changing settings

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzenator

hi guys

I am having a few problems with the remote app. It takes a few goes to connect to the car to view state of charge, etc.
furthermore, i can view the settings but i cannot change them. It will only permit me to change the settings via the mmcs.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Neverfuel said:
You have to set a timer for each day - I set up timer1 for a 24 hour period, then you can control it manually from the front screen of the app.
I haven't set a timer because I just pkig it in and leave it so overnight.
I can control the climate very well with the app.
I am having problems with the settings of the car such as setting turn signal flashes, etc.

You need to establish a good connection to the car - the aerial for the wifi is on the passenger side. The app should show a blue connection at the top left hand corner. Then if you go into settings > vehicle settings! it should let you change them. It will try to connect to the car to change each one separately. It is easier on the MMCS though.

I think you have to have the car in ACC mode (ie press the power button but not the brake pedal) for it to save the settings from the remote app.

bdbdbd said:
I think you have to have the car in ACC mode (ie press the power button but not the brake pedal) for it to save the settings from the remote app.

Surely there would be no point of having the settings on the remote app then.

Having just tried it - it's says sending, followed by completed, but will have to check later whether it actually updated.

Neverfuel said:
bdbdbd said:

Surely there would be no point of having the settings on the remote app then.

Having just tried it - it's says sending, followed by completed, but will have to check later whether it actually updated.

I have the problem eventhough i have a very good connection. It appears to send the setting and states comepleted but when i recheck to see whether the new setting has been implemented, it hasn't been.
There is no point having the remote settings on the app if you cannot set it remotely. I agree that it is simpler to change the settings from the mmcs but it is the pricincple of it. If there is an available feature, i believe it should work.

Back