Reset (or find) WiFi password?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatsH

I'm having a discussion with my dealer regarding if he gave me the WiFi password when the car was delivered or not. He says he gave it to me together with the keys, I have no recollection of ever seeing that info. We're both pretty locked down in our opinions, so:
To avoid more struggle with this matter - Is there any way to have the system generate a new WiFi password, or somehow find out what it is? Some hidden (or obvious) screen in the MMCS?

Forgive the stupid suggestion but mine (stupidly!) is with the owners manual, MMCS manual et al in their folder in the car.

Presumably you've looked there.

It's on a card about the same size as a standard business card.

JimB

Thank you for your suggestion, but I feel I've looked everywhere - twice, and then some.
Now I at least know what kind of paper I'm looking for (even if I'm sure I would have noticed if I had found any small piece of paper in the manuals/sleeve).

Failing that I've seen previous threads on here wherein the user contacted Mitsubishi UK and they gave him / her the wifi password for the car.

When you get that, this may be useful;

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

JimB

Our card was folded and stuck together. It took me ages to realise that I had to peel the card open to see the WiFi password on the rear.

If I remember it is a piece pf plactic type paper about the sice of a buisness card.

NAPpy

My card was missing so the salesman went down to the service dept. and 5 minutes later he came back with the info hand written on a piece of paper. Did not ask him how he did it.

I have mine in front of me, and think, with this description, you'll know for certain if you've received this or not.

1. The card was contained in a small, resealable plastic bag. (Just big enough to contain a business card)
2. The bag has a hole punched through it.
3. There is a metal clip attached through the hole, and that clip contains a key-ring with a small metal tag attached.
4. the metal tag has an almost invisible five digit number etched onto it. (This is the number of your "key" and can be used to order replacement keys from Mitsubishi)

The card itself is square, but folded in half, making it appear smaller than a business card

On the back, it contains a black and white Mitsubishi Motors logo (and text)
It also contains a Q code, which has an eight character ID next to it.
On the front it displays the text "Mitsubishi Remote Control"
Below that there are two bubbles containing text.
The first is labelled "[SSID]"
and the second "[Password]"

I bought an ex-lease Phev from Mitsubishi last year. It had not been supplied with the ssid and password when I bought the car. The salesman was unable to tell me the details without the card. However the service department were able to retrieve them when I returned the car for a service. There was no additional charge for this.

The service department at your dealer will be easily able to connect their service tool to your PHEV to retrieve the password, which they can then supply to you. I had to have this done when I picked up my second PHEV that was missing the required documents.

Thank you for all suggestions. I suppose I can wait until first service. The sales person still claims to have given me the password, so I won't get it that way.

Back