Reversing Camera too bright?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RazMan

Having done a few hundred miles in my PHEV, mostly at night, I have found reversing at night to be a blinding experience. The reversing screen is so bright and seems to flood the dark interior of the car with bright light. As a result it takes my eyes ages to adjust to the 'real' view using the mirrors. It would be handy to have a night vision mode (if such a thing is even possible)
Does anyone else have this problem?

I haven't noticed it personally, but I guess my normal driving style is to seek to park so that I can drive out in forward gear - hence I tend to only use reverse at the end of my journey.

Pretty much depends on what you're reversing towards. In a dark empty carpark, there isn't much to show. But every night I reverse up my drive towards my white garage door and think "wow, that's bright"!

On the plus side though, I find the camera pretty good with its night vision. Would be handy to have a front camera too for those rare times I manoeuvre forwards (it's so much easier to back into spaces in this car!).
Also, does anyone else think it would be good if the camera stayed on for 2-3 seconds after selecting D again - when straightening up it would be much more useful to have a backward view than look at a map/useless energy info!
Cheers
H

Hi

Has anyone ben able to switch of the reversing camera?

Why? Because I frequently reversing with a trailer, at night, with a light gray cover on it. The screen i.e. the whole interior becomes very bright and it becomes very hard to revers looking in the mirrors blinded by the screen.

/MG

DrSlackBladder said:
.......or just switch off the MMCS display?

Unfortunately this does not disable the reversing camera display.

Maybe the display could just be put in AUTO mode, or NIGHT mode. This seems to dim the display a lot. There is a physical button that controls this on the lower right side of the MMCS.

The waste of a mechanical button that could have been a touch screen button in settings, to free up the button for a more useful one touch function that could maybe, be user programmable. OH well just another pick.

Having a poke around in the settings, I discovered that I can reduce the brightness and contrast to more comfortable levels - its amazing what you find in there :roll:

Back