Snowy weather

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nernm

Now we have a burst of snow with amber warnings for most of the north of the UK, how are you guys finding the PHEV in the snow?

How does it compare with the non PHEV outlander?

Is the PHEV the only one with S-AWC?

How does it compare to a "normal" and other makes of 4x4?

Apologies to people looking here for some exciting pictures, it was posted in this section by accident rather than design.

I'm not too au fait with this stuff as you have probably gathered.

However its probably a good place if someone could post some exciting pictures!

I would, if I could, but it would be a Freelander TD4!

Anyway, the PHEV is alright in the snow, I've tried it near Courchevel (Savoy) in the end of december just during the stormy weather, and it compares well to an Honda CR-V (for example). Possibly better because of the smooth acceleration in EV, after stopping. Very impressive for uphill driving !

So no problem at all, just be carefull when going downhill without snow tyres (I don't have snow tyres, just the Dunlop ST20 original equipements).

Sorry for my english ;)

Grigou said:
Anyway, the PHEV is alright in the snow, I've tried it near Courchevel (Savoy) in the end of december just during the stormy weather, and it compares well to an Honda CR-V (for example). Possibly better because of the smooth acceleration in EV, after stopping. Very impressive for uphill driving !

So no problem at all, just be carefull when going downhill without snow tyres (I don't have snow tyres, just the Dunlop ST20 original equipements).

Sorry for my english ;)

Thanks Grigou, very reassuring for Les Deux Alpes in 2 weeks even if I am unlikely to need it here in London.

BTW - the English is fine and very much better than my French :oops:

Phev is holding up in the snow as well as my Range Rover did before I put winter tyres on it. Only major difference is ground clearance. Beached the phev's belly on snow tonight where the RR would have been fine (Peak District, lots of snow!)

Back