Switch on side of steering column

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBS

Hi I've recently bought a 64 plate Outlander PHEV on the righthand side of the steering column is a small round ricker switch. Whats its function as I can't find anything about it in the hand book. It's a GX4hs model

Is it the switch that controls the radio?

That's on the left hand side of my steering wheel, but...

... Up/Down controls the radio volume, and Left/Right switches between stations.

For us not in UK,
What's a 64 plate?
What's GX4hs?

I guess you meant Rocker switch, but why would anyone want to turn off the front parking sensors

I
For us not in UK,
What's a 64 plate?
What's GX4hs?

I guess you meant Rocker switch, but why would anyone want to turn off the front parking sensors
In the UK the year of first registration of a vehicle is shown on the licence plate. 64 plate donates its a 2014 car registered in the 2nd half of that year.
Format being 2 letters 2 numbers 3 letters
EG AB64ABC in this case
A car registered in the first half of 2014 would be AB14ABC

GX4hs is the UK model designation spec

I

In the UK the year of first registration of a vehicle is shown on the licence plate. 64 plate donates its a 2014 car registered in the 2nd half of that year.
Format being 2 letters 2 numbers 3 letters
EG AB64ABC in this case
A car registered in the first half of 2014 would be AB14ABC

GX4hs is the UK model designation spec
Well yeah it was kind of obvious GX4hs is a model designation referring to trim level etc.

But I could say my New Zealand market 2018 is VRX, but that would not be telling you very much. It so Happens that in NZ, VRX has the works. I.e the top trim level at that time.

With others being XLS and a non PHEV could be LS (Low Spec?)

So GX4hs is what? Generally eXclusive, 4 is better than 3, high spec?

As for the plates, I was kind of aware the number meant something but here we just assume the first letter in the ABC123 format is a defacto guide, J 2016, K 2017, L 2018. I dunno if that was intended or that it just seems to be holding true for now. If in doubt I use CARJAM and search it out, also good for finding WTF is That, for rare vehicles.

I think the 4 had the Wifi where the 3 didn't. The 4H would have electric tailgate and perhaps some other comfort features and 360 cameras, the 4HS has the extra 'safety' and driver assist stuff like collision warning, adaptive cruise and other stuff that likes to beep a lot ;-)

For us not in UK,
What's a 64 plate?
What's GX4hs?

These are after market systems fitted by the uk dealers, they get set off so often by anything, rain/high kerbs etc... that most people turn them off as they just get annoying.

These are after market systems fitted by the uk dealers, they get set off so often by anything, rain/high kerbs etc... that most people turn them off as they just get annoying.
I wish mine had a rocker switch on the steering column to turn them off :D

For us not in UK,
What's a 64 plate?
What's GX4hs?

64 plate means it was registered between October 2014 and March 2015. The GX4hs was the top spec option at the time
The reason to turn off the front parking sensors is because splashes from puddles, if it sprays infront of the vehicle, will trigger them. Can be very annoying in a country like the UK with heavy rain fall and large amounts of standing water on the roads.

Why does rain seemingly trigger aftermarket sensors, but not factory fit ones on a "2016 plate" (I hate that expression, it's a car trade nonsense, Refer to the MY)?

It maybe where the sensors on the front bumper are fitter. The two outer ones on my Outlander are very near to the outer edge of the bumper. Also I found if you don’t switch them off, they continue to bleep even when the power button is set to off.

Back