The showoff thread - post your Outlander here!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maddogsetc said:
Hi Webb5, I'm not normally a fan of black wheels but have been thinking about getting some (with winter tyres) as this is my first white car. I have to say I really like the look of yours. Are they offering black as an option now or did you get them painted for you?

I had them powder coated before I picked it up. Wheels fit well with the dark tinted windows. Not to everyone's taste but I saw Mitsumania's one with black wheels and liked it enough to have it done myself.

If you like to try out black wheels but you're not sure if they will fit the car have a search on the web for Plastidip
this a temporary coating which can be peeled of if you don't like the result (just make sure you apply it thickly enough as described in the instruction manual)
I did this on my old car and the Plastidip held the whole winter with out pealing off :)
it's really easy to work with (much easier than any normal can of spray paint) and it took me no more than an afternoon to change the color of my wheels (the drying time fore each coating is around 20 min and I applied 5) in the spring i pealed of the coating and the wheels were as new :D

Nice one! Just out of interest how do you get to the Recharge Zone? I would be leaving the MI southbound to Meadowhell. What is the Recharge Zone near in terms of shops and is it a yomp to get to?! I usually end up having to make several trips back to the car with bags during our full day Xmas shopping slog.

Nice pic Sharky!

Have you bothered with a lock on the cable? If so what did you go for? I'm just looking around for one.

I've called evconnectors and they are trying to get the manufacturers to upgrade the security options on theses cables.

Paddlepower said:
Nice pic Sharky!

Have you bothered with a lock on the cable? If so what did you go for? I'm just looking around for one.

I've called evconnectors and they are trying to get the manufacturers to upgrade the security options on theses cables.

I have posted a pick of a 30amp cable I got for home charging and on it is the lock I use. it's a Yale combination Y150/30 , fits nicely in the hole on the trigger and is well made and will stop the casual thief!
http://www.my-tool-shed.co.uk/p1092516/Yale_Y150_30mm_Brass_Combination_Padlock/product_info.html?utm_source=googleversafeed&vfsku=1092516&gpla=pla&gclid=CjwKEAiAj-KiBRC48YzhnLSg0D0SJAClOhK3gA38nyl53cBGd-NCaRGXyC9ICeiZuDLt_hKYPeZA5BoC6FDw_wcB

Tristar500 said:
Nice one! Just out of interest how do you get to the Recharge Zone? I would be leaving the MI southbound to Meadowhell. What is the Recharge Zone near in terms of shops and is it a yomp to get to?! I usually end up having to make several trips back to the car with bags during our full day Xmas shopping slog.

looking at a map of Meadowhall it is located top left hand. Go around to the orange car park and then to service entrance 7 that is located behind Oasis, the food court . You will need to get out of your car and use the call box to raise the barrier, I just said I had an electric car and needed to use the green zone. on exiting you again have to ask for the gate to be lifted. The area is not covered but is a short distance from the shops, I entered through the food court coming out between KFC and Pizza Express.

Sharky said:
Paddlepower said:
Nice pic Sharky!

I have posted a pick of a 30amp cable I got for home charging and on it is the lock I use. it's a Yale combination Y150/30 , fits nicely in the hole on the trigger and is well made and will stop the casual thief!
http://www.my-tool-shed.co.uk/p1092516/Yale_Y150_30mm_Brass_Combination_Padlock/product_info.html?utm_source=googleversafeed&vfsku=1092516&gpla=pla&gclid=CjwKEAiAj-KiBRC48YzhnLSg0D0SJAClOhK3gA38nyl53cBGd-NCaRGXyC9ICeiZuDLt_hKYPeZA5BoC6FDw_wcB

Great, Thanks for the info :roll:

You guys are making me regret my choice of blue. The black and white cars look amazing. I went for blue as we've owned grey cars for the past 5 years and I wanted a bit of colour. Hope it looks good when I finally see it.

Sure you'll love the blue Paule. I deliberated on colour for ages, having also had grey for last two cars. But I went with grey again, and I'm very happy that I did. Looks more of a gun metal silvery grey that plain old shades of battleship grey!

Paule23 said:
You guys are making me regret my choice of blue. The black and white cars look amazing. I went for blue as we've owned grey cars for the past 5 years and I wanted a bit of colour. Hope it looks good when I finally see it.

I know how you feel. My last daily hack was grey and although I wanted a change I thought the Outlander really suited the grey.

It was going to be a 3 month wait for a grey one or a 3 week wait for a blue one, so I went with the blue. I don't regret it though. It never looks that dirty even when it is, so it's easy to keep clean. It's also a really nice shade of blue that's not too dark and not too loud, but what I really like about the blue is that it's only available with the hybrid model, so it's unique in that respect.

Talking from experience, I reckon you'll be over the moon with the colour on new car day.

Cheers

Back