the usb socket use

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

getting the GX3H phev can the usb sockets charge a mobile phone, laptop etc. Not had a motor with USB sockets before. If not I might get the 3 into 1 12v socket expander so i can have the phone and dash cam plugged in together. and the 3rd possibly for a ceramic heater but not decided on that as review are so mixed from good to utter rubbish.

The USB port doesn't charge. But there is a 12v socket next to it that you can connect a charger to.

It won't charge my phone when connected to the USB port. It only reads the contents from the memory.

I have a phone permanently connected to use the remote sms app. The phone charges perfectly. I've also plugged my iPad mini in there when it needed a charge and that worked too.

USB Socket out spec. 5V 500mAh, Everything else is out of spec.
Charging a phone will take slighty longer compare with the charger you have home, ofter spec. 7-800mAh.
If you have the screen lit al time, the 500mAh often does not charge the battery, only gives enought for the screen.
If you charge the ipad or similar, if it accepts the low current, it will take much longer time as the chargers for this applications delivers higher mAh´s.

Fragge said:
It won't charge my phone when connected to the USB port. It only reads the contents from the memory.
:?: :?: I always charge one iPhone from the USB socket in the armrest. It connects the phone to the MMCS when charging too. That way one can charge two devices from within the armrest.

Back