Upgrades/Updates

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pheverish

Apologies if this is already somewhere on this forum.

I would like to see a list of upgrades/updates that are available (for free) to keep our cars up to date and bug free.
Mitsubishi don't seem to advertise these very well, and it is a case of using forums like this one to find out what is available.

As newer models come out with a different versions of software, can I assume that these should be available to all PHEV owners?
The 2016 version now has improvements that will have been included because of complaints from the early adopters.
Do we get the opportunity to upgrade our MMCS if the new interface now works more intuitively - or is it just a case of you have to stick with what you bought?

I know there is a charge station POI update available, but I can't get it to work.
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=CampaignLanding_Mitsubishi_EV_EU&NewLocaleID=en_GB&NewDomainName=Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light&&

There is also an update for issues relating to your ipod and hands free operation.
'Hands Free Module' s/w version should be 18.00.000 (press settings & map together for a few seconds for a sub-menu)

I expect that it may not just be a simple upgrade that is backwards compatible - a lot will depend on hardware / firmware changes between the old and new models. The base system will most likely be the same but may have been modified for the specific new generation.

A bit like Google does for Android - for vanilla systems, the software is usually backward compatible for the last couple of years / generations; but no so for other brands of telephones where the operating software has been tweaked for a specific model and because of the cost of rewriting the new code for older models, it is not done.

I am a "glass-half-full" person, so hopefully . . . . . . :lol:

:idea: Alternatively, how about a mercury tilt switch (type) wired into the brake light switch, so under braking, the deacceleration would cause the mercury to move forward, make the circuit, and illuminate the brake lights, with an added circuit to keep them lit for at least 1 to 2 seconds (for example). Or, a touch switch on the paddle so you could manually trigger the brake lights? That would be useful to get tail-gaters to back off . . . . . :twisted:

Umm, a call to my electronics savvy bro-in-law seems to be in order.

I would not hold your breath for it - my 12 month old PHEV went in for a service and as far as I can see, they just changed the oil and oil filter... On the other hand, there were no defects that I was aware of....

Just downloaded the latest charge point file using the link above and following the on site instructions the update worked.

Now version 2016_A.

How much use it will actually be is another matter.

JimB

Claymore said:
Just downloaded the latest charge point file using the link above and following the on site instructions the update worked.

JimB
Hopefully you can help Jim - were you able to display EV charge points permanently as POIs on the map before this upgrade or can you get them up now. I posted this in the tech forum a while back but no- one answered

I would like to have public EV charging points displayed on my sat nav map and I'm fairly sure you should be able to have them as a Point of Interest (POI). The problem I have is that my sat nav doesn't seem to want to accept them as a priority over the other more useless icons. I can get them up on a list and set them as destination but I Want to replicate the function I have with my LEAF of seeing them en-route to wherever I'm heading. Any tips?.

Assuming that your MMCS works much the same as mine....when you have 'Nav' selected on the screen and a map displayed you should see down towards the left side bottom edge an 'EV' block.

If you select that you'll get satnav options relating to charging points.

I've not used it yet to actually go to one but my superficial experiments so far have depressed me in that you have to select the type(s) of charging point you wish to travel to and it seems that it has every type under the sun to pick from, not just the ones specific to the Outlander....and I'm a complete dunce when it comes to selecting from lists of charging point varieties :?:

I might be wrong (as is frequent as I've already said elsewhere I lose the will to live quite regularly trying absorb all the bumpff available relating to this modern miracle of engineering).

I find that ownership of the Outlander has also caused me to drink more 12 year old malt in an attempt to forget 'the journey' and (un)fortunately it works :D

I'll be out in the beast in the morrow and will have a look to see if the chargepoints can be permanently shown on the map.

To be honest however I think it's a better idea to plan your journey and identify charging points related to that in advance. My attempts at that so far have failed due to the things proving to be incompatible with the car or the fact that the car park was already full when I got there.

JimB

JimB

Claymore said:
I might be wrong (as is frequent as I've already said elsewhere I lose the will to live quite regularly trying absorb all the bumpff available relating to this modern miracle of engineering).

I find that ownership of the Outlander has also caused me to drink more 12 year old malt in an attempt to forget 'the journey' and (un)fortunately it works :D

I'll be out in the beast in the morrow and will have a look to see if the chargepoints can be permanently shown on the map.

To be honest however I think it's a better idea to plan your journey and identify charging points related to that in advance.
Yes I've lost the will to keep going through the lists - and my antidote is aardbeg. I feel sure there has to be a way to keep the EV POIs on the map all the time. In the outlander and the price of petrol it's hardly worth going too far out of your way direct to a charge point rather than your post code destination but it's always useful to know if any charge points are near it for parking which is often free.

Back