What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent an hour or so today, reaming out the DRL fitting to accept LED bulbs.

Switched them on, and they looked good. For 2 minutes!! Then one stopped working. The bulb had burnt out, and smelt awful. I refitted the originals, and they worked fine. Wouldn't trust fitting the same again, so I would avoid ordering them from Ebay if I were you: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400818926133?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I will be looking on the DRL thread on here to see what others are fitting.

Hi,

I have a backlog to clear ...

1) Last week I ordered a 5M Type 1 to Type 1 charge cable (no chance to use yet)

2) Yesterday I ordered a set of cheap alloys with Nokian winter tyres fitted due in a few days

3) Today - The tracker topic made me think ... I had an old Android phone and I bought a PAYG Three SIM which doesn't expire and have the phone in the arm rest plugged into power. I use "Where's my droid" so I can text my car phone and it will text me back its GPS location. I have installed AutomateIt and it will now email me when ever the car is turned on and email me/text me its GPS location when the car is turned off. I'm going to play with other checks as well. I'd really like it to email/text me when the alarm goes off but I'm not sure this is possible. I'm also hoping to automate the phone to load the GPSWorld app for speed cameras to give audible warnings if I exceed the speed limit.

I'll post to the winter wheels topic my opinion and further details of the alloys and tyres after I have them.

Kind regards,
Mark

I've just fitted the first half of my Brodit phone holder (hoping the other half will arrive in the post today) and given the car it's first wash. This might not sound remarkable, but as I've owned my MG ZT for 2 years and washed it 3 times, washing my PHEV within the first 3 weeks on ownership is some record for me.

I'm a big fan of symmetry so I fitted a second reversing light (actually a LHD one) and I can see much better in the dark now! I modified it to act as a foglight too - aren't LEDs wonderful? :D

RazMan said:
I'm a big fan of symmetry so I fitted a second reversing light (actually a LHD one) and I can see much better in the dark now! I modified it to act as a foglight too - aren't LEDs wonderful? :D

Pls could you post pics, and details of the modification. I never quite worked out why manufacturers started fitting just one reversing light? Oh, other than cost.

MHS said:
Pls could you post pics, and details of the modification. I never quite worked out why manufacturers started fitting just one reversing light? Oh, other than cost.

Sorry, I didn't take any pics of the modification but it was really just basic diy stuff. First I found a LHD reverse light on eBay (my one happened to be in Lithuania) I then drilled an extra two holes in the back of the reflector to accept a couple of sidelight 'push in' sockets with red LEDs. I then tapped into the existing reversing light and ran a wire alongside the loom (behind the rear bumper) securing it with a few cable ties and exiting through the right (old fog light) After a bit of cutting & crimping the job is done - the right reverse light is now dual purpose (much like the DRLs / foglights) and reversing in the dark is much easier.

RazMan said:
MHS said:

Sorry, I didn't take any pics of the modification but it was really just basic diy stuff. First I found a LHD reverse light on eBay (my one happened to be in Lithuania) I then drilled an extra two holes in the back of the reflector to accept a couple of sidelight 'push in' sockets with red LEDs. I then tapped into the existing reversing light and ran a wire alongside the loom (behind the rear bumper) securing it with a few cable ties and exiting through the right (old fog light) After a bit of cutting & crimping the job is done - the right reverse light is now dual purpose (much like the DRLs / foglights) and reversing in the dark is much easier.
No probs, I've been away for a few days without the phev, so will have a nosey at ours when I get back. Cheers Mike

Went to a Mitsu sponsored focus group this evening in Central London. Presumably a targeted group as we were all similar (white Anglo-Saxon males!) I had to sign a confidentiality agreement not to disclose anything but needless to say there were no views expressed or experiences described which would surprise anyone here.

Interestingly none of the others were members of this forum. However, nice to think Mitsu is taking some interest in us even it means the next model owners will be the main beneficiaries. :)

Regulo said:
greendwarf said:
Went to a Mitsu sponsored focus group this evening in Central London.
Oooooh! What's special about you, then? :D .
Can I come next time? But only if there's tea and bikkies!!! :p

Better than that - sarnies and "expenses" :p

Went to Dovedale for a walk (Sunday) and parked up in the public car park. As soon as I got out the car I was approached by a couple who wanted to know more about the car. This became a steady stream of people asking how it was? does it really do 148mpg? etc... When we got back to the car after our walk I spotted a gentleman looking into the car. As I approached I blipped the key fob to flash the indicators, he turned around and apologised as he was just looking as it was the first PHEV he had seen up close. We chatted for a bit about the benefits of the PHEV. It's nice to be so popular!

Congrats to you, too, being able to practise such remarkable patience! :shock:
I hope to achieve that level in my next life ;)

Kim said:
Congrats to you, too, being able to practise such remarkable patience! :shock:
I hope to achieve that level in my next life ;)
I hope you never need to :( . I was one of the first to order in there Netherlands / in Europe, mid december 2012. Delivery initially was scheduled for mid 2013, in time for the summer holiday. Due to issues with battery production there where huge delays. I finally got it early November 2013 :x

Hi,
I used the preheat timer with 20 minutes duration timed to start 10 minutes after my plane was due to touchdown. I got to the car EXACTLY as the preheat was finishing. Considering it was 0C it was amazing to get into a warmed up and defrosted car so late at night.
Kind regards,
Mark

Well, not today but yesterday - I managed to reverse into the pillar at the top of the steps onto our driveway. :cry: The crunching noise was agonising. I was in a hurry, it was dark, the kids were irritating me and... no excuse obviously, but that is how it was.

Took me about 3 hours to dare to look at it - was terrified of what I would find. Fortunately, the top of the pillar is just the right height to break the rear light plastic cover. There is a tiny scrape on the very edge of the body panel which I will touch up - just need to order a new plastic bit (and some touch up paint). Thank goodness.

Anyway, fortunately all the lights work fine and I've patched it with some clear plastic so you'd hardly know.

And to think at the weekend I was berating the OH for scrubbing at my car with a bucket of muddy water and a gritty sponge :roll:

H

I may have just added £5K to my car's resale value :mrgreen:
e84d28fe-8d8a-482b-9445-8bff6d55b20a_zpstjiquqcl.jpg

Well at least you got them all straight and they're nicely spaced. You probably haven't reduced its value.

Back