where to charge central london [holborn area]

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

got to drive to london overnight sunday for hosp appoint am monday, hoping to charge at heston m4 service stn. anyone know of any cheap or free charge points nr queens square holborn central london please.

Check on ZAP map for availability - but all parking bays in Westminster are free for EV drivers up to 4 hours not just those with charging points

https://www.westminster.gov.uk/electric-vehicles

duetto said:
got to drive to london overnight sunday for hosp appoint am monday, hoping to charge at heston m4 service stn. anyone know of any cheap or free charge points nr queens square holborn central london please.
Have you registered to be exempt from the congestion charge? Evidently it is not automatic.

terry..... no, I will phone monday.

green drawf.... Am I right in thinking its £5 to join then all charge points are free? do you have to pay ncp car park charges to access the charge points. A good link thankyou.

duetto said:
terry..... no, I will phone monday.

green drawf.... Am I right in thinking its £5 to join then all charge points are free? do you have to pay ncp car park charges to access the charge points. A good link thankyou.

Yes, the Source London is currently £5 per year. However, although most seem to be free to use, strictly speaking each site can decide to charge for the electricity - again ZAP map should show this. So far the NCP sites I've used are free for electricity, as are the on street ones provided by the council, but you do have to pay normal NCP car park charges - typically £5 per hour. So, unless you are going to use the car park anyway, (so the free energy is a nice discount) it's probably not worth it.

BTW - the Congestion Charge exemption has to be done by post
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/discounts-and-exemptions

Just to reiterate - if you drive into London today, pay the charge - otherwise you will be contributing towards the TfL Christmas party! You must register through the correct channels, pay the registration fee and wait for confirmation before you get the 100% discount - this is likely to take a week or more and there is no scope for appeal on the grounds that "the application is in the post"!

Back