CHAdeMO Charging Issue

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozukus

Today I stopped off at Westbound Heston Services and for the first time the charge station was free (my nemesis BYD driver always at the point wasn't there). I had about 2-3 miles of EV range left and the unit took 22 minutes to take me back up to 80%, all well and good.

However when I drove out of the Services and hit the M4 within about 2-3 minutes I noticed the battery level take 2 sudden drops to a point where it was at around 40%, checked the EV range and it had 9 miles left.

To date I have had absolutely no problems with anything EV related though have only had one other CHAdeMO charge which worked fine.

Anyone else had this sort of experience, and was it just a one off random occurrence, or is there issues relating to CHAdeMO charging.

Nope, used CHAdeMO a few times now with mine and never seen that - sounds very strange!

I've noticed the same thing after using the rapid chargers feel like the battery runs down faster.

However I rapid charge off the motorway then do 60mph which would run the battery down anyway.

It could just be that the rapid chargers are close to the motorway and that style of driving isn't the best for the battery.

I'd try using save but but I live 12 miles from IKEA so I might as well drain the battery.

It should not make a difference in performance. However frequent use of CHAdeMO does have an impact on battery life (see the warning in the manual)

It may not matter to those that will get a new car in two or three years (though battery condition will have an impact on resale value and saleability), but I have planned to keep this one until it (or I) falls apart. It will never see a rapid charging station.

Back