Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2019 Upgraded Outlander PHEV in US too?
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 am 

Is it going to be in US? If so, should I save my money for the 2019 version? A dealer offered me almost $7000 off the MSRP for the 2018 model. Should I go for it?

Post subject: Re: 2019 Upgraded Outlander PHEV in US too?
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:24 am 

"The new Outlander PHEV hits Europe early this fall, but there's no word yet on when it will come to the US and Canada. "
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019-mitsubishi-outlander-phev-geneva-reveal-plug-in-hybrid/

My hunch is that it will be quite soon afterwards, but I have no inside knowledge!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:30 pm 

Canadian dealers have been informed that the mechanical upgrades will NOT make it to Canada for 2019. I'm pretty sure that means the same will be true for the USA.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Molten Silver

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:55 pm 

I'm also debating whether to jump in now on the 2018 model in the USA market or wait for 2019. I hope Mitsubishi changes their mind about that memo, for both Canada and USA. I was hoping since they all come from the same assembly plant in Japan, all the changes would standardize across all export markets, I was especially looking forward to the 2.4 ICE upgrade since the existing 2.0 is too small/weak for the Outlander's weight. There is still 6 more months to go since that memo came out before the 2019's arrive, so hoping for a change.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:32 pm 

I can see your hoping, but I decided to jump in, as I am doubtful the credits will remain long enough in place, until the updated PHEV will arrive this side of the pond.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:25 pm 

Phevy wrote:
I can see your hoping, but I decided to jump in, as I am doubtful the credits will remain long enough in place, until the updated PHEV will arrive this side of the pond.

Not sure how Canada credits work, in the USA, the federal credit gradually decreases as the model gets closer to 200,000 units. USA sales this year probably wont surpass 10,000 units.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:54 pm 

maverickf wrote:
Is it going to be in US? If so, should I save my money for the 2019 version? A dealer offered me almost $7000 off the MSRP for the 2018 model. Should I go for it?

Hi, I am shopping for a 2018 PHEV GT model too in LA. Is your offer in California? I am currently getting $6000 to $7000 off MSRP but has not committed to make a deal yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am 

I have verified with a USA Mitsubishi dealer that the Canadian memo mentioned in this thread did not get sent to USA dealers. The USA dealer is expecting, in fact, telling customers that inquire, that powertrain updates are coming for 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 am 

Woodman411 wrote:
I have verified with a USA Mitsubishi dealer that the Canadian memo mentioned in this thread did not get sent to USA dealers. The USA dealer is expecting, in fact, telling customers that inquire, that powertrain updates are coming for 2019.

My guess is that that dealer will have a lot of disappointment customers that based decisions on that information.

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
Molten Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:02 pm 

generaltso wrote:
Woodman411 wrote:

My guess is that that dealer will have a lot of disappointment customers that based decisions on that information.

Not just that dealer, this dealer too: http://www.eagletribune.com/business/ou ... 36cda.html

Quote: "Mitsubishi Motors will help the cause by making ongoing improvements, such as a longer-life battery that Michaud expects in the upcoming, 2019 model."

And another USA Mitsu dealer expecting powertrain update: https://www.shortlinemitsubishi.com/mit ... r-phev.htm
And another one: https://pantilimitsubishi.com/2019-Mits ... inceton-WV