South East or South Central

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maby said:
Once you are in their system, you are more likely to have to fight them off! I applied on their web site and heard nothing for several days, I called them and they apologised and gave me a booking about two weeks in the future but they then called me several times during that two weeks to say that they had an engineer nearby with some spare time and ask if he could come round at short notice to do the installation. I explained that I had work commitments and could not simply down tools to go and let him in - the engineer arrived promptly at the agreed time and completed the installation efficiently.

I could definitely live with that.

I am just hoping they don't complain when they see my Consumer Unit is in the middle of my house, quite a way from where I want the charge point. Hoping they can instead spur off the meter box on the side of the house...

BeeJay said:
maby said:
Once you are in their system, you are more likely to have to fight them off! I applied on their web site and heard nothing for several days, I called them and they apologised and gave me a booking about two weeks in the future but they then called me several times during that two weeks to say that they had an engineer nearby with some spare time and ask if he could come round at short notice to do the installation. I explained that I had work commitments and could not simply down tools to go and let him in - the engineer arrived promptly at the agreed time and completed the installation efficiently.

I could definitely live with that.

I am just hoping they don't complain when they see my Consumer Unit is in the middle of my house, quite a way from where I want the charge point. Hoping they can instead spur off the meter box on the side of the house...

I'm sure they can though there may be an additional charge.

So, tomorrow is the day I collect my GX4Hs in Atlantic Grey!!!

An update on the charging point:

I spoke to the very nice people at Phoenix Works, who after seeing pictures of my meter box, said they could spur off that and not have to go off the consumer unit in the house, since my main fuse and an isolator are in the box outside and just a cable runs directly in to my consumer unit inside.
Co-incidentally I am having a new drive laid at the moment, so the electrician working on that is putting a new meter box in the wall (hopefully today/tomorrow) next to my existing box and has run 22m of 10mm2 armoured 3-core as suggested by the Phoenix works guys to the point on the other side of my house where I want the charger mounted. When the drive is finished (hopefully next week) then I can sort out a convenient time for the Phoenix Works guys to come and fit it. I love it when a plan comes together (so far...)!

Am going for the 32A Type 2 charger (non-tethered) as I plan to get an EV for the wife next year, so wanted an element of future-proofing...

if everything goes to plan I pick up my PHEV from Canterbury next Saturday then there be a PHEV floating about in Folkestone area from then onwards ;)

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say "Hi" to this group.

My GX4h in Atlantic Grey is being delivered tomorrow. I'm super excited! The car is leased through my work scheme - it's the 1st time I'll have ever had a brand new car! :D :D

It's only been about 2 weeks since I ordered it, so going to be a week or two without proper charging unit being installed. Sparkie booked for the 15th to provide a new supply to my garage, and then hopefully charging unit on the 17th.

I've seen a couple of PHEV's around Maidstone....and so from tomorrow there will be 1 more. :)

Anthony

Good grief! It's got to go - they are becoming as common as muck around North Kent! :)

maby said:
Good grief! It's got to go - they are becoming as common as muck around North Kent! :)

Having moved a mile down the road from Mottingham find it odd that I'm now in Kent and about as far North Kent as you can get being Sidcup.

A week in I'm loving this vehicle I'm representing Folkestone at the moment I haven't seen a other yet down my ends I'm hoping it changes as more chargers are installed in the area, it's great, I notice if you keep to 50 MPH and under the battery range is good ;) been to Dover seafront & up to Whitfield and back to Folkestone via Alkham Valley with ease :)

Howdy, after a struggle I managed to get an account registered and working. Black GX4h, based just south of Winchester. Daily commute to Southampton.
Have seen a few others up and down the M3

Does North Bucks count as South East??

Picked up my Atlantic Grey GX4h on the 28th December. Loving the car but not seen many locally, which is a surprise given the number of charging points in Milton Keynes!

Hi all
As a regular visitor (and ex-resident) of the southeast, I tend to lurk here occasionally...

Was down south over the weekend and charged up at Wisley gardens. The chargers aren't right at the front of the carpark - you need to follow the rather rubbish signs - take the first car park option or you end up having to drive all the way out and back in again :oops: It is free but a bit of a pain as you have to get a swipe card from the ticket gate (not the shop) and pay a £5 deposit. The charger is a bit complicated but worked fine - they had 13amp or the normal home type charger - you need your own leads. I couldn't be bothered to take my card back (freezing cold, two small children) but whether it'll work next time I go or I'll get a slapped wrist if I take it back, I don't know...

Cheers
H

Thanks for that, I went to Wisley a few months ago, saw the charge points but no-one seemed to have a clue as to whether I could use them or not.

a lone soul in IOW,awaiting delevery of base phev in glacial blue. no date yet hoping for late next week

Back