10,000 sold in UK last year

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayfdee

The link to a BBC report on electric vehicles is very interesting,the Mitsubishi PHEV is the biggest selling hybrid in UK with 10,000 sales in last 12 months. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32217969

Interestingly, the pic of the Phev's MMC screen used in that article, shows a full battery and 24 mile EV range.

Pretty much representative of the true EV range, and not the 32 miles that the marketing men would wish you to see.

Stvtech said:
Interestingly, the pic of the Phev's MMC screen used in that article, shows a full battery and 24 mile EV range.

Pretty much representative of the true EV range, and not the 32 miles that the marketing men would wish you to see.
I did a 100 mile trip on Easter Sunday to visit my sister and charged up at hers for the return journey...on switching on I saw an estimated 39 mile battery range! It soon depleted though. The last 10-15 miles to hers were gentle downhill gradients by-and-large, so returning on the same route saw that as all uphill. Nice to see for a change though.

The most interesting point in the article is that the £5000 government grant will cease after 50,000 ev sales, which will be later this year.

If that happens, it will be a healthy boost for second hand prices.

I think you will find that the grant is being reviewed, and being extended under different rules.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/plug-in-car-grant/plug-in-car-grant-vehicles

You will see in the above announcement that the ev/phev cars are being divided into 3 categories and dealt with differently after the original money runs out.
It looks as if the Outlander PHEV falls into cat 2, and more EV biased cars (BMW i3) will be cat 1.

PS As a non business user I have still yet to decide if either the Outlander PHEV will replace our Freelander, or the BMW i3 can replace our Honda Jazz. The real world differences seem very small once you have paid the 'battery' premium.

Back