Advice on delivery

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rjs104,
I am picking my up around the weekend (I hope!) and it better have rear sensors or they will have to put them on....Sale of goods act!

I was also confused about the rear sensors as one dealer said they were fitted (as well as the camera) but Antony Betts in Hemel said they weren't. I ended up buying from Betts as I preferred to deal with them and they fitted Dolphin sensors for free. They work very well with the camera.

Can't speak for the rears but the fronts are nowhere near as good as on the Disco, in fact I don't really trust them (yet?). May or may not have something to do with the fact that there are only 2 sensors :?

Yes and they are angled outwards too much as well. You can hit a post in the midline without them even beeping - or very mildly at best, there is a blind spot there.

Hi David,

I think what you say is true in practice, but is at odds with what the Mitsubishi website says (Outlander PHEV Models page) and their brochure.

As someone else commented here, if they publish that it is going to have the rear sensors, and then deliver without then this is questionable trade description.

I'm still waiting to hear from my dealer on his point-of-view on this!

Cheers,

Richard.

As someone else commented here, if they publish that it is going to have the rear sensors, and then deliver without then this is questionable trade description.
Sorry Richard but I know this happens all the time - loads of similar cases on the Disco4.com site for example (Land Rover seem to be particularly bad at this). I suspect there'll be something somewhere saying that they reserve the right to change specs without notice.

As jaapv says, they're not great anyway so if I was buying again I'd be taking a serious look at wattcar's dolphin system instead.

Yeah, I'm not overly concerned - though my messages probably don't suggest that I appreciate :lol: :)

I've been googling some of the aftermarket systems, and they look very impressive (distance measure and so on)....

But I also know that something is better than nothing and if I leave it to after market I'll probably never get around to it...

So to that end, I've said to my dealer that I want to get them, but I'd rather not pay full price :) I'm using the website as a bit of leverage to see if I can get something off the price.

The front sensors sound totally rubbish, so I won't bother with them. If I get around to it, I'll after market them... I'm not too fussed about the front though - it tends to be closer and you have that big windscreen in front of you to see what's going on...

See what happens. :)

Cheers,

Richard.

I wouldn't bother with the front sensors since they are more of an annoyance than useful. I had them on a BMW I had earlier and since there is a constant beeping when you back out of a parking spot(since the front sensors hits the cars next to you when you turn) it makes you ignore the beeping and risk backing into something instead.
Perhaps if they where disabled as standard and you could opt to enable them when parking in a super tight spot it would be useful.

Why the confusion over whether or nor the GH4X has rear parking sensors in addition to the rear camera?
The PHEV brochure downloadable from the UK Mitsubishi website is clear that the camera is in lieu of sensors, and it shows in the table of features at the back of the brochure that the GH4X does not have parking sensors.

The one I have in Sweden has camera and sensors in the rear. Though the different levels are named differently (Basic, Comfort and Business) where business is the most expensive and well equipped.
"Comfort" and "Business" have camera and sensors.

Hi Jkh,

The confusion has come about because if you look at the website (Mits Motors (UK)->Outlander PHEV-> Models) it lists Rear Parking Sensors as part of the spec for GX4h and hs models.

This is also the case in one of the brochures I have.

At the end of the day, it is clearly a clerical error, but to be fair they should update their website to puport the truth at least.

Richard.

I see the confusion now, having looked at the uk website.
By coincidence, the last time I ordered a new car a similar issue arose. I ordered one of the first new shape Audi A4s in 2008 and when I ordered it the brochure stated it came with rear parking sensors. The car arrived without them, but Audi UK pointed out that specifications could change etc. As it turned out the car also had an error in one of the interior trim options (this did not really matter to me) but it was enough to make them compromise and fit aftermarket sensors.

I have a UK GX4h on order for Sept, the brouchure I have (on back cover OUTL5514 05/14) states GX4h has Reversing Camera in lieu of rear parking sensors...

if you are in UK I would take others advice and ask dealer to fit

Back