Anyone else who WOULD have a Mitsubishi Phev again?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok its just me down here in the trenches. :shock:

Surrounded by people that dislike my beloved Phev. :cry:

What was that? :? I think I hear their whinging getting closer. :eek:

I will still hang em high. :evil:

Whilst I imagine I will still be driving the PHEV in 10 years time, as it still currently fits in with what I want, who knows? I was all ready to buy a Superb, when I was seduced by the PHEV in 2014. Even so, I might have bought an e-Tron instead, if it had been available then.

So, my needs might change and/or an even "better" car might appear e.g. nuclear powered & flying :lol:

Oi!!!!!! That's my tagline!

I'd have another PHEV again. Suits my needs exactly. Under 30 miles a day, pootling locally, with the odd 200 mile trip to burn things up a bit. I've had no problems with this car (so far), unlike most of my past purchases, which had the unfortunate habit of self-destructing around me. Just wish there had been a better choice of colour when I bought. Longer EV range, and I'll be down the dealers like a shot, when the time comes. Which won't be any time soon, as I'm perfectly content with things as they are.

I don't know if it will be a Mitsubishi again,
but I will probably never have a ordinary gasoline or diesel car again. EV or EV+range extender seems to me as the future.

I genuinely think that quite a few more car makers will fail, both because of the technology shift but also because they seems to be confused about their brand identities, self driving cars, software development in general, and how to keep selling gearboxes that they are so excellent at making.

It is clear that they need to take care of the brands better in all markets, and avoid rebadges.

It is also probably not neccesary for all to invest i self driving cars, and instead focus on active safety for now.
I would be surprised if it would not be possible to licence instead of developing, when self driving cars would actually become a real thing, as a true self driving system would be crazy-expensive to develop.

Lastly, the drive train is probably where the competition is right now, other than the brand and UX. It might become modularised though, so that complete range extenders, batteries and motor systems might be externally sourced, unless the component makers are totally preoccupied with making gearboxes and seats...

Having said that, Mitsus brand is a bit sketchy, but not a total mess as in particular GM, but all others too such as VW, Ford and well the rest. But maybe it's just that they are smaller than the rest.

Looks like I might be with you Boo-Boo!
I will see how it goes after my Dealer 90 minute 'teach-in'.
Went in an oiler this morning.
I must admit it goes like stink and was still doing 38mpg.That may negate the zero RFL. I shall have to get my abacus out! and it was a softer ride which my arthritic old bones appreciated! :lol:

I would probably have another PHEV but will wait to see what the next model version looks like as I am not too keen on the 2016 facelift. The upcoming ASV PHEV looks interesting so might be an alternative. I am guessing that there won't be the same UK Government incentives though.

All I can say is that it is almost definite that my next car will be a plug-in hybrid.

greendwarf said:
Whilst I imagine I will still be driving the PHEV in 10 years time, as it still currently fits in with what I want, who knows? I was all ready to buy a Superb, when I was seduced by the PHEV in 2014. Even so, I might have bought an e-Tron instead, if it had been available then.

So, my needs might change and/or an even "better" car might appear e.g. nuclear powered & flying :lol:
A Superb?

But you did buy a Superb. A Superb Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. :D

Buy an Audi with 280lts of boot space. What are you going to fit in there? A couple of handbags? Wash your mouth out with soap immediately. :roll:

Regulo said:
Oi!!!!!! That's my tagline!

I'd have another PHEV again. Suits my needs exactly. Under 30 miles a day, pootling locally, with the odd 200 mile trip to burn things up a bit. I've had no problems with this car (so far), unlike most of my past purchases, which had the unfortunate habit of self-destructing around me. Just wish there had been a better choice of colour when I bought. Longer EV range, and I'll be down the dealers like a shot, when the time comes. Which won't be any time soon, as I'm perfectly content with things as they are.
I little birdie told me that Mitsubishi are working on a flux capacitor powered flying car.

A lot safer than nuclear-powered. ;)

karl said:
I don't know if it will be a Mitsubishi again,
but I will probably never have a ordinary gasoline or diesel car again. EV or EV+range extender seems to me as the future.

I genuinely think that quite a few more car makers will fail, both because of the technology shift but also because they seems to be confused about their brand identities, self driving cars, software development in general, and how to keep selling gearboxes that they are so excellent at making.

It is clear that they need to take care of the brands better in all markets, and avoid rebadges.

It is also probably not neccesary for all to invest i self driving cars, and instead focus on active safety for now.
I would be surprised if it would not be possible to licence instead of developing, when self driving cars would actually become a real thing, as a true self driving system would be crazy-expensive to develop.

Lastly, the drive train is probably where the competition is right now, other than the brand and UX. It might become modularised though, so that complete range extenders, batteries and motor systems might be externally sourced, unless the component makers are totally preoccupied with making gearboxes and seats...

Having said that, Mitsus brand is a bit sketchy, but not a total mess as in particular GM, but all others too such as VW, Ford and well the rest. But maybe it's just that they are smaller than the rest.

Ok another doubting Thomas.

Mitsus brand is a bit sketchy

They are one of only a few companies to offer 5 year warranties here in Australia.

Mitsubishi dealerships are everywhere here unlike a lot European, British or even American brands.

Our rural roads are too tough for those soft roaders so you mainly only find them in the big cities. :lol:

Carnut said:
Looks like I might be with you Boo-Boo!
I will see how it goes after my Dealer 90 minute 'teach-in'.
Went in an oiler this morning.
I must admit it goes like stink and was still doing 38mpg.That may negate the zero RFL. I shall have to get my abacus out! and it was a softer ride which my arthritic old bones appreciated! :lol:

Bloody Hell. :shock:

The trench has been invaded by one of the enemies.

A spy? Perhaps a convert? :?

I thought I heard the whinging coming closer. :lol:

I will be keeping a eye on you with my rope in hand. :twisted:

rgilyead said:
I would probably have another PHEV but will wait to see what the next model version looks like as I am not too keen on the 2016 facelift. The upcoming ASV PHEV looks interesting so might be an alternative. I am guessing that there won't be the same UK Government incentives though.

All I can say is that it is almost definite that my next car will be a plug-in hybrid.

I will still accept you in my trench as we are short of combatants. :)

Ok after a quick recce over near the enemies camp most of what they are complaining about are problems that have not even happened yet. :eek:

Sheesh.

Words like "not confident" or "I feel " seems to get thrown around a lot.

Nothing substantial about real problems just the worry of perceived problems.

Yep sure sounds like a way of making sound financial decisions.

Just wow. :lol:

Trex said:
Buy an Audi with 280lts of boot space. What are you going to fit in there? A couple of handbags? Wash your mouth out with soap immediately. :roll:

Handbags seem to be the weapons of choice in our trenches :lol:

Entrenched, love the car. ONLY comment, small boot space and lack of storage - but not an issue particularly. We are used to storing a couple of golfing umbrellas and fold up rain coats under the boot tray to keep them out of the way, now we store some collapsible umbrellas alongside the "charger" (for want of a better word). Thought - some broom handle clips or velcro straps on the wider rear seat? Will investigate straight away.

greendwarf said:
Trex said:

Handbags seem to be the weapons of choice in our trenches :lol:

What? Did someone buy a little Audi when I had my back turned. :shock: Off with the traitors head. :evil:

With my 460lts of man cave oops :oops: I mean boot space I will be bringing in the big guns soon. :D

Just hang in there.

jthspace said:

Entrenched, love the car. ONLY comment, small boot space and lack of storage - but not an issue particularly. We are used to storing a couple of golfing umbrellas and fold up rain coats under the boot tray to keep them out of the way, now we store some collapsible umbrellas alongside the "charger" (for want of a better word). Thought - some broom handle clips or velcro straps on the wider rear seat? Will investigate straight away.
Wow we now have our own banner :eek:

Now we cannot lose. :cool:

Good to see that renown ingenuity is still alive.

Welcome to our trench. :D

Back