Australians down under

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1gr8ka said:
Just done 1600 in my new Aspire. Got out for 39k with toe bar kit, mats. Brand new.

Sweet deal. Most of us paid $12k+ more than that back in 2014. Guess that's the price of being an early adopter.
Hope you're enjoying it. I'm really used to mine now that the save button is second nature. Probably not as energy savvy as I was when I first bought it, however the efficiency is still there. Charging from solar is great. Car is only costing me rego, insurance and the yearly service charge.

zzcoopej said:
crustovich said:
Does RDS and TP work in Aus?

I get the RDS icon too, but never any traffic info. Interesting I do get it on my iMiEV so not sure why the PHEV does not.

Interesting question, and I'd like to know the answer too.

According to Wiki traffic reports delivered by the SUNA traffic chanel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stations_using_the_Radio_Data_System_in_Australia

That also lists the stations which actually broadcast the

TMC stuff. So, I guess the first step is tuning to one of those stations in your area and see if that help.

However, Suna list manufacturers and devices that are capable of receiving the data, and Mitsubishi is conspicuously absent from that list:
http://www.sunatraffic.com.au/suna-compatible-devices/

Does your iMIEV have one of the "after market" devices on the list?

Andy

Ha! Would have been no chance. It was all rock and slippery as hell, even in the dry. There was even a steeper section later on that I had to reverse up as couldn't get up going forward! Unfortunately the wife's temper was far past taking videos at that point.

Hey All. I'm new to PHEV ownership having just picked up an ex demo Aspire for $30 (40K on the clock) and was wondering which dealerships are most PHEV savvy in Brisbane. The one I purchased it from seems to have no clue and the PHEV has come from them telling me the next service is due in 18000km or 36months. I'm even still waiting for my wifi details because they lost them.

Anyway, I would like to take it somewhere else when the service is due. Any suggestions?

roller said:
Hey All. I'm new to PHEV ownership having just picked up an ex demo Aspire for $30 (40K on the clock) and was wondering which dealerships are most PHEV savvy in Brisbane. The one I purchased it from seems to have no clue and the PHEV has come from them telling me the next service is due in 18000km or 36months. I'm even still waiting for my wifi details because they lost them.

Anyway, I would like to take it somewhere else when the service is due. Any suggestions?

Sounds like they want you to take it somewhere else too....

There was a post recently where someone had a good experience with a dealer in Ipswich or somewhere close to Brissy.. will send you the link when I find it.

Here is a copy of the post:

I had some dramas with the updates as well here in Brisbane. The dealership in Brissie where I bought the car told me, the updates are not free and not covered under warranty, although the software version 'T', which was on the car when I bought it, had bugs (restarted the MMCS while driving and did not show the charging costs and graphs correctly).
I got it services in Toowoomba then and hoped for better service. They have done only the Bluetooth update to 19.00.000 and said everything else is up to date (had still the Map-version 2013-1 on it :lol: ).
Third attempt was a small dealership in Gatton which have Ford and Mitsubishi. The service manager showed me straight away the new map version 2015. I booked the car in today and picked it up again 1.5h later with all the updates done:

Software now shows AK now (and all charging costs are correctly shown), the map version is 2015-1 (or maybe -2, cannot remember)

The dealer also told me that all updates are always free and they normally will be done with a service unless it's a critical update and problem occur with the installed on.

So, 1.5h, no costs, all updates done... they have a new happy customer now ;)

Cheers from the Lockyer Valley

HHL said:
Sounds like they want you to take it somewhere else too....

There was a post recently where someone had a good experience with a dealer in Ipswich or somewhere close to Brissy.. will send you the link when I find it.

Thanks for those details. I did get sent to Toowong who was able to retrieve the Wifi SSID/Key for me and reset the service reminder to the right settings. Unfortunately on the way home some clever filtering motorcyclist going to fast hit a pedestrian and bounced into my car. Fifth day of ownership and the bumper is smashed up. Hopefully the pedestrian is ok but obviously the car has just taken a turn for the worse. :cry:

Despite EVMon saying my battery is rated at 87% original capacity I am so far getting about 42-45km per charge and even the estimate has been pretty good. :)

Sorry to hear about the motorbike filtering incident. When I first heard about the new rule I wondered if it would cause a few problems like what unfortunately happened to the pedestrian and you.

roller said:
Despite EVMon saying my battery is rated at 87% original capacity I am so far getting about 42-45km per charge and even the estimate has been pretty good. :)

The quoted range for a brand new PHEV is 52km, so if you take your average of 43.5km per charge then (43.5/52) you get 83.7% so it all matches up pretty closely to the 87% PMC from EvBatMon eh?
Don't forget to start sending your data to the free cloud site http://www.evbatmon.com. So far we already have over 250 data points from about 40 PHEV owners in 15 different countries!

I happened to get my bike license in the UK where they have had filtering rules for a long time. It works well there because riders generally practice it as part of learning and motorcycle police book riders not following rules (traffic must be walking pace or slower and rider must be travelling slowly). In this case the motorbike was going too fast based on the sound of their lockup and the pedestrian just wandered out behind a stationary truck about 15metres from a crossing. If either was showing some care it wouldn't have happened.

I hadn't expected to get the claimed mileage from the battery and 42-45 seemed reasonable for those with 100% healthy batteries ... for mine it seems especially good.

I only have a Galaxy Note tablet to run EVBatMon on and it runs very painfully. I doubt I'll be able to upload it considering it reads via WiFi OBD2 and then drops everything if I connect to wifi for the internet. It really seems to have been written with only phone with mobile internet in mind.

roller said:
I doubt I'll be able to upload it considering it reads via WiFi OBD2 and then drops everything if I connect to wifi for the internet

Actually you don't even need to be connected to the PHEV when you upload to http://www.evbatmon.com. The battery and odometer readings are cached in a local file on your Android device, and that file can be uploaded at any time regardless of whether you are near the PHEV or not.

Got my towbar fitted on Friday, purchased with the car nearly 4 months ago but they were recalled apparently. Dealership did an excellent job and while I was at it I asked for a map and MMCS update to fix the charge graph issue. I have asked them a few previous occasions and no luck but after they called this time and said there were none available (was running 2013-A and version T) I asked them to try harder. Success! The key was to get them to search without using the cars VIN number. Now running 2015-A and version AK.

Another thing I discussed with them was the Diamond Advantage that comes with the car, giving free roadside assistance for up to 5 years as long as it gets serviced before the expiry date. My car is 2014 build, was complianced Jan or Feb 2016, purchased and registered in March 2016, but expiry for the first year of roadside is end of Dec 2016. If I leave the service to next March like the reminder sticker states it will have already expired, so just something to be aware of.

ScottyDont said:
I asked them to try harder. Success! The key was to get them to search without using the cars VIN number. Now running 2015-A and version AK.

Thanks, I might try the same thing next time I get a service. Did the map update include the new parts of the pacific highway?

zzcoopej said:
Did the map update include the new parts of the pacific highway?

That's a good question, I sure hope so. Just had a look then and noticed a green section of highway on the map that bypasses Kempsey, but don't remember if it was there before the update. I do know the map was missing a lot of the new highway last time we went camping near Crescent Head.

Back