Australians down under

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aus and NZ have the same systems (I think) My maps are 2015-a and software AM.

HHL said:
ultralights said:
Firt post, new member, and pick up my 2016 PHEV today.. From Sydney.

you sure it is a 2016?
according to the build plate, it was early 2015, but first compliance in Oz in Feb 2016, so for things like warranty, its a Feb 2016 Model as far as Mitsubishi are concerned.

got it home from dealers, via a few shops, total trip on EV only, 48.9 Km. pretty happy with that, but it was in Sydney midday traffic with about 5 km on the M5.

vs2 said:

Same in my VRX that I picked up on Friday... how do you like the Ruby Black? ;)

mjb said:
vs2 said:

Same in my VRX that I picked up on Friday... how do you like the Ruby Black? ;)

I like it, especially when the sun shines. I use HydrO2 on my cars and except for washing keep rags, chamois etc off the paint.

Question: I have just upgraded maps, etc and on startup I have a small diagonal message in bottom left corner of screen that simply says "here". Noting happens if pressed. Anyone knows what that is?

Interesting thing happens on long climbs.

Going up Cunningham's gap on the way to Warwick. Occasionally a chime happens. No warning appears on the dashboard, just the chime sound. Did this about 3 times going up (the road is about 4km all uphill).

Does anyone know why it does this? And what it means?

It could be the sharp bend warning (the bend doesn't need to be that sharp :)). If you have the map running on the screen you see a windy road road sign appear when the bing happens, but if you don't have maps running there are no visual warnings as far as I know. It is also not enough to switch to the map after you hear the bing - that's too late. Interested to know what you find

zzcoopej said:
Did the map update include the new parts of the pacific highway?

Just got back from a 2400km trip finishing down the Pacific highway. I noticed the new section near Valla Beach isn't in the new maps, and the section around Kempsey only includes south of the Fredericton intersection, so is missing another massive amount. The Kempsey section is also listed as 100km/h though it is a 110km/h zone.

rabbit said:
Interesting thing happens on long climbs.

Going up Cunningham's gap on the way to Warwick. Occasionally a chime happens. Does anyone know why it does this? And what it means?

That beep is a warning that you are approaching a corner too fast, I get it a lot haha.

TRT said:
Question: I have just upgraded maps, etc and on startup I have a small diagonal message in bottom left corner of screen that simply says "here". Noting happens if pressed. Anyone knows what that is?

The little diagonal 'here' on the warning screen is advertising here maps.

Some trip info
170L BP ultimate, 7.1L/100km
Charged 3 times for about 130km of EV driving
AC and normal mode used a lot
Carried lots of gear and up to 5 people

I am quite impressed with its performance on dodgy roads and up and down mountains. It used about 100L less than my other car would have while having more seats and a usable boot.

Hi Folks

This is my first post- I bought the car a couple of months ago to see what the future was going to be like.
My wife and I do local k's mainly and charge the car from excess solar (5kW) during the day.
Despite its idiosyncracies, we like the ( a demonstrator Aspire, with was pretty good in price after the trade on our '02 Volvo wagon).
The one disappointment we have had is the lack of knowledge about the car and its systems at the local dealer- We'd prefer not to have to travel to get it serviced, so I have a couple of questions for more experienced folks out there, who might be able to help-
Is there any experience with off-brand service with respect to honouring warrantee conditions?
Are there Dealers in reasonable range of Gympie who can be recommended to work on/give helpful advice about the vehicle?
Can anyone tell me the Mitsubishi criterion for drive battery 'failure' under warrantee? I have looked under their Warrantee conditions and cannot find it. My last service told me NOTHING about the condition of the battery. When I asked the Tech, he said it was 'within specifications' (whatever that means). (So I am buying EvBatMon and an OBD).

Thanks for your help

Brianvpc
SEQueensland
StockStandard Aspire
12000 km
Titanium (?)

brianvpc said:
Hi Folks

This is my first post- I bought the car a couple of months ago to see what the future was going to be like.
My wife and I do local k's mainly and charge the car from excess solar (5kW) during the day.
Despite its idiosyncracies, we like the ( a demonstrator Aspire, with was pretty good in price after the trade on our '02 Volvo wagon).
The one disappointment we have had is the lack of knowledge about the car and its systems at the local dealer- We'd prefer not to have to travel to get it serviced, so I have a couple of questions for more experienced folks out there, who might be able to help-
Is there any experience with off-brand service with respect to honouring warrantee conditions?
Are there Dealers in reasonable range of Gympie who can be recommended to work on/give helpful advice about the vehicle?
Can anyone tell me the Mitsubishi criterion for drive battery 'failure' under warrantee? I have looked under their Warrantee conditions and cannot find it. My last service told me NOTHING about the condition of the battery. When I asked the Tech, he said it was 'within specifications' (whatever that means). (So I am buying EvBatMon and an OBD).

Thanks for your help

Brianvpc
SEQueensland
StockStandard Aspire
12000 km
Titanium (?)

Re your questions.
1. I am not aware of anyone other than Mitsubishi that look after these cars, but service intervals are pretty good at 15K.
2. Will leave it up to others re dealers in SE Qld.
3. My warranty is 100,000 or 5 years on car and drive battery. From memory, battery needs attention if it drops below 90% efficiency within 5 years (for comparison I think Toyota guarantee is > 80% efficiency over 8 years)

Other may be of more help

TRT

I'm a new owner of a used PHEV Aspire with 37,000 on it purchased just before Christmas. I've been driving on petrol while waiting for the charger to be installed on J tariff (SA off peak separately metered power) which is around half the price of standard tariff electric. I live in Victor Harbor south of Adelaide and have managed to drive to Goolwa and back twice on a single charge which is a total of 60km and used just 0.6 litres of petrol which I think is impressive especially as I was towing a 6x4 trailer loaded one way and half is at 100km/h.
I have owned a 2004 Prius since 2006 and still have it, I love the Prius. The Outlander has big boots to fill.

I do wish I could turn off some of the chimes and bells, especially the chime when there is no longer a car affecting the adaptive cruise control.
Would be great if I didn't have to press the ok button on the display every trip.
Would be nice if my passenger Could enter a destination into the GPS while I'm driving.
Would be nice to be able to lock the car while the tailgate is closing, especially when it's raining.
Really happy with towing performance, I have a 1400kg boat and trailer.
Happy with the leather electric seats, very comfortable.
Ride is better than I expected given the bad write ups I've read regarding ride.
Handling is good, but sometimes ASC is too active.
I'm happy with the sound system, clear and crisp sound.
Never had a hole in the roof that wasn't caused by rust, I'm experimenting with it to see what works for me.

Patsparks said:
I do wish I could turn off some of the chimes and bells, especially the chime when there is no longer a car affecting the adaptive cruise control.
Would be great if I didn't have to press the ok button on the display every trip.
Would be nice if my passenger Could enter a destination into the GPS while I'm driving.

Yep, these are pretty common complaints for all owners. And if you havn't figured it out already, the "fasten your seatbelts" bong sound is a sharp corner warning, you will notice a bendy road icon come up in the top right corner of the MMCS display when you hear the sound.

Patsparks said:
Never had a hole in the roof that wasn't caused by rust, I'm experimenting with it to see what works for me.

:lol: . I like the sunroof, however my front passenger usually doesn't as they always seem to end up in the direct sun.
Best use of the sunroof is to dump the hot air when returning to the PHEV after its been sitting in the sun for a few hours.

User GWATPE is a knowledgeable PHEV owner down in SA, he charges his from Solar so doesn't have the tariff issue.

zzcoopej said:
User GWATPE is a knowledgeable PHEV owner down in SA, he charges his from Solar so doesn't have the tariff issue.
I get paid 44 cents for the power off my roof I feed into the grid, but pay 16 cents for the power I pull off the grid at J tariff, so I charge on J tariff.
Solar isn't free. My car is also at work all day with my partner so the car isn't plugged in much while the sun shines. :)

Patsparks said:
I'm a new owner of a used PHEV Aspire with 37,000 on it purchased just before Christmas. I've been driving on petrol while waiting for the charger to be installed on J tariff (SA off peak separately metered power) which is around half the price of standard tariff electric.
are you still charging using the EVSE? ,
the charger that came with the car that plugs into a normal power point?

Back