button on tip of indicator lever

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jthspace said:
Legal requirement in UK to have headlight washers on HID equipped cars.

Jeff
Not strictly true. It is a UK legal requirement to have headlight washers on headlights over a certain lumen output. There are some HID equipped cars which do not need them as they use lower power HIDs. I suspect that most LED headlight cars will be over the lumen threshold and require washers.

jkh112 said:
jthspace said:
Legal requirement in UK to have headlight washers on HID equipped cars.

Jeff
Not strictly true. It is a UK legal requirement to have headlight washers on headlights over a certain lumen output. There are some HID equipped cars which do not need them as they use lower power HIDs. I suspect that most LED headlight cars will be over the lumen threshold and require washers.

OK, being more accurate, washers and a self-levelling system – both of which are required on new cars with HID lights under type approval laws that came into effect in 2010. But as we are talking about a vehicle produced in the last few years, I simply stated the law applying to the PHEV. Cars fitted with HID prior to 2010 "may" have washers/self levelling fitted, if fitted, they must work (MOT regs, UK, exclude NI, which slightly different). After-market kits may generate MOT failures.

Back