Engine running

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarq

I know this must have been discussed before, but I can't find any threads.

My Phev decided to run the engine yesterday, in it's maintenance mode with a ! in an orange triangle on the display. It's just about 6 months old.

I've been using it all winter and as it's been cold have run at least 60l of fuel through it.

I thought that the auto forced start only happened if I ran on electric only,and it was using no fuel.

Again today had 2 short trips to make and again the engine started both times.

It is really revving and sounds loud, I suppose because I'm not used to it running.

So my questions are, am I to assume that it will do this every 6 months regardless of whether I've used fuel or not?

And is it going to run 15l of fuel before it stops.

Has anyone had their's longer than 6 months to compare?

TIA.

Some discussion here: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1173
Don't know if that helps....

Thanks jdsx. Have had a look at those threads.

I usually fill up with 23l at a time (about 5galls) rather than filling completely, as to not be carrying a full tank when not necessary.

It's a pity it didn't hold off for a couple of weeks as going to NEC and would have filled it before then anyway.

as per my understanding, there are 2 reasons to engine to start,

1. if your vehicle dint run on fuel for 6 months, then the vehicle will continuously run on the engine until you refill the tank with 20L of petrol,

2. if you select a higher temperature on the climate control than the room temperature , to produce the warm air , vehicle has to start the engine,

thank you

Back