"Fuelly" Accounts to compare consumption data

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maddogsetc said:
Tried that, not sure it's worked, do I need to 'refresh' the badge somehow?

Hmmmm - that shouldn't affect it, but try it :lol:

If that doesn't work, try ticking the 'this is a partial fuel up' box instead :?

Bit puzzled by this - it has always worked for me that way. Perhaps it just can't cope with your 3-digit performance haha

Hi all

Just a test to see if I've done this right. I'm afraid my mpg is woeful - we did 935 miles going to Germany on one charge! and just done another 600 odd miles on 3.5 charges. Back at home and plugging in every day, so I'm playing catch up!

Cheers
H

OK just joined Fuelly. Really want to see if I can squeeze in a gallon of unleaded just to get 500mpg in my signature... ;)

Thanks David :D

Jdsx, looks like you could be on track to beat me - when you finally do need to fill up don't forget to post your miles-per-tank here: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=314

Oh, and take a tip from me - check how you open the fuel filler flap before you get to the pump, not after :lol:

Hi Maddogs
Yes I have been caught out when hiring cars before now :oops: , so I did check how to open the fuel filler cap; in fact I had to fill up just after I got it as the dealer only put a gallon or so in :evil:
I have a long-ish trip planned (to Islay) in October, so I'm hoping not to have to fill it up until just before I go, but I think that might be a tad optimistic....

Re filling before a long journey - I actually love that I can fill up ready for a holiday a week or more before we leave and not use any of that petrol in the meantime. It used to be a day before job, but now I can tick it off the pre-holiday list weeks beforehand!
H

Hi, Just joined Fuelly. So MPG is 0 at the moment. Despite having covered 1700 miles already

I do a lot of long trips as well as short ones.
So not expecting huge results from the MPG here but i love the car and MPG goes up nicely when i am doing local runs.

iansjones said:
Hi, Just joined Fuelly. So MPG is 0 at the moment. Despite having covered 1700 miles already

I do a lot of long trips as well as short ones.
So not expecting huge results from the MPG here but i love the car and MPG goes up nicely when i am doing local runs.

Sounds similar to mine, so even though it's in l/100k's, it'll give you some idea.

EDIT:For whatever reason it's now in MPG...

^^^^
But is that US MPG or UK MPG - they're quite different I believe.... see Maddogsetc's posts on a different forum: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=400

EDIT: Dur....I mean earlier in this forum!

Just for info, our short term Ampera is currently showing an average of 190mpg over the course of the 500 miles we've driven it. This is based on daily charging and SWMBO doing a round trip of 55 miles to and from work each day

I reckon the point of fuelly is to look up the vehicles all your friends and family are driving and then feel smug. My neighbours have a RAV4 (max 40mpg?), brother has an XC90 - probably max 30mpg. Love it. :lol: Hope they don't take a sudden interest in my car and join this forum :oops:

H

Just to note that your public profile on fuelly includes your real name, if you've typed it in (as I had). I was a bit surprised as usually on these websites your actual identity is hidden - unless it only shows to your friends? Anyway, have amended mine now to something more anonymous! Don't usually like to give too much away online - I'm not even on Facebook!
H

jdsx said:
^^^^
But is that US MPG or UK MPG - they're quite different I believe.... see Maddogsetc's posts on a different forum: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=400

EDIT: Dur....I mean earlier in this forum!

Absolutely no idea.... Up until I joined this forum I didn't know there was a difference.

I believe that even if you have 'uk units' (or presumably 'l/100k') specified at the top left of your Fuelly dashboard, your Fuelly signature defaults to 'MPG', which in this case means 'US MPG'. You need to select 'UK MPG', or whatever, on the Fuelly signature page.....

In theory it's now changed to reflect l/100km, but I bet it doesn't work! Whichever way, it's all the same. It's still an awesome figure, especially considering the car...

EDIT: I've worked it out! In the code, there was a 'us' hiding in there... Changed it to metric (or I suppose you could out uk in there?) and it's correct now.

This is really confusing me.

Do you just enter Litres in to where it states Gallons on the add a fuel up?
Or do you have to convert to gallons before entering?

Doesn't seem to calculate correctly for me and tally up with Road Trip.

Back