Heating...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrqz said:
Guys, this gx3...3h, gx4 etc stuff is something I don't get. Looks like only a UK localisation related coding, or...? I never heard of this model numbering in the rest of the world... Mine is MY2014 and the most I could read out of the "type" detail in its documents is "CW0". Even the most accurate VIN decoder I found so far doesn't list anything like gx3h or similar codes.
And this is just the UK. How about the Netherlands? This are just the facelifted models:

anko said:
mrqz said:
Guys, this gx3...3h, gx4 etc stuff is something I don't get. Looks like only a UK localisation related coding, or...? I never heard of this model numbering in the rest of the world... Mine is MY2014 and the most I could read out of the "type" detail in its documents is "CW0". Even the most accurate VIN decoder I found so far doesn't list anything like gx3h or similar codes.
And this is just the UK. How about the Netherlands? This are just the facelifted models:

OK (also interesting how to know which of these mine is -- pre-facelift but pretty sure it had a name too), but this is referring only to the option package. As guys are mentioning gx3/h, gx4h etc looks more like it somehow refers to a certain generation or something. Mine is (nearly?) fully loaded but don't have a clue about the package name it has, seems nowehere written.

MikkB said:
Fair point and I would like to try this, IF I can remember to turn off the heater first. Cheers.

You don't have to remember to turn off the heater first, and you don't have to be quick to hit the EV button. Just hit the Start button twice WITHOUT your foot on the brake and the car will be on, but not in "Ready" mode. You can stay in that mode as long as you want to adjust turn off the heat or turn on EV mode. Then when you've got everything set the way you want it, put your foot on the brake and hit the Start button again to switch to Ready mode.

generaltso said:
MikkB said:
Fair point and I would like to try this, IF I can remember to turn off the heater first. Cheers.

You don't have to remember to turn off the heater first, and you don't have to be quick to hit the EV button. Just hit the Start button twice WITHOUT your foot on the brake and the car will be on, but not in "Ready" mode. You can stay in that mode as long as you want to adjust turn off the heat or turn on EV mode. Then when you've got everything set the way you want it, put your foot on the brake and hit the Start button again to switch to Ready mode.
That is true. But IMHO it is much easier to think about it at the end of a trip then at the beginning of a trip. Maybe try to make it a habit to aim for both? :p

generaltso said:
MikkB said:

Great info, thank you. will try this next time I drive the PHEV.

generaltso said:
MikkB said:

That's very interesting and not something I had considered. Thank you for the tip I'll definitely look for an opportunity to try this out. We're expecting colder weather again in the coming week so should be able to make use of this. Cheers.

I grew up with older cars which the common trick is to always turn off the climate controls: A/C or heater, to not put a load on the electrical system & engine when you start the car in the morning. Even though modern cars likely have smart enough computers to delay the activation of these items prior to turning the engine over, this is something I still do out of practice.

Knowing that switching off the climate control stops the ICE engine from firing with a full battery is great. I bet a lot of Volt owners would die to have a feature like this to prevent ERDTT on their vehicles.

Back