Home charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K9pvc

Hi guys
Just wondering if any of you have experienced the following,
Get home with a flat battery so plug in to the supplied 13amp 3 pin charger dash say charge time of 4:15 hours.

When I check after 4 an a half hours dash saying _ _ | _ _ and I can tell that vehicle is no longer drawing power. But when checking via the app on my iPad it says regular charging with the little lightening bolt flashing as it normally would when charging and then charge time completion 1hr 00 minutes.

What I find strange is I can tell from the house meter that there is no charge now going into the vehicle and it makes no difference how many times i press the app refresh screen.
Seems a bit strange to me have any of you guys experienced anything similar why would the app be saying still 1 hour till fully charged when in fact it seems to already be fully charge :?

I haven't checked the app against the dash, but I've noticed that the predicted finish time is reasonably accurate when it's just started charging, but when it's nearly complete it stays on 1 hour to go, and I've never seen it indicate anything less. When it's (I assume) very close to completion, it just shows the lightning bolt with no estimated time to complete.

I'm not particularly bothered by this behaviour, since I assume that once charging is complete, very little power is drawn. If I get back home late in the evening, I'm certainly not getting out of bed at 4 am to disconnect it!

it's trickle charging/conditioning at that point. probably not enough to show on a house meter.

Back