iPhone 4s and how to use only for Phone

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirkersbeserkers

Hi all

I want to try and get my Outlander PHEV (4HS) to use only the Bluetooth function for phone calls - but connect the iPhone 4S to the USB socket for music. Anyone else done this? I only seem to have the option on the Settings menu to use it for both?

Also - I have a fair bit of music on my phone - and when I connect I get confirming media for the length of my journey (about 35 minutes) and it never connects. Whats a reasonable amount of time for it to confirm media?

Thanks

I've got an old iphone 4 that hasn't got a SIM in it - I wanted to use it as a glorified 32gb USB stick but when I connect it, although the icon for ipod/usb lights up, you cant do anything and no text comes up even for confirming media. I tried a 16gb first gen ipod touch and that didn't even get recognized. Normal USB sticks work fine, as do SD cards and bluetooth from my blackberry. *scratches head*

Here is my set up:

I use an iphone 5 for calls and bluetooth streaming. I also use an old iPhone 4s for USB music. The iPhone 4s has about 30 albums on it and the car enables access of these within about 1 minute of start up. Where the iPhone 4s has a problem I if I enable iTunes Match - I had planned to use iTunes Match to access my whole music collection via USB (I have a cheap unlimited data plan SIM in the 4S). This does not work. Even on an hour's journey, the car would not enable access of the music on the 4S.

If you have ITunes Match turned on, switch it off and see what happens.

Back