Let's go pure EV...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anko said:
According to http://vtechtuning.eu/phev-box.html it will be EURO 315,-.

(Dutch) forum members that are interested in buying a box at a discounted price and would be able to show up with their car in the province of Utrecht in the Netherlands, next weekend, please drop me a PM ;)
Claymore (JimB) made me aware my message wasn't all that clear. It is not me (re)selling a box or whatsoever. Vtechtuning is offering a number of boxes boxes at a discounted price in that weekend, to those that can make it on-site.

Hi!

I do have a suggestion. I miss a "long range mode". When I know I'll drive for, say, 200km, 30 of which at low speed and the rest at highway speed, I'd rather have the engine running when above 70 km/h (high efficiency of direct coupling), while saving battery for situations where speed is lower than 70km/h. Nowadays I have to hit "charge" button every time I enter/exit a town with 50km/h limit (I cross the town in pure EV and then force the engine on when at clutch-in speed). It would be nice to have it automated.

vtechtuning said:
gwatpe said:
Finally a real use for the ECO button. I put up with the ice starting with just that bit more acc pedal in NORMAL mode. It is annoying to burn 50-80ml of petrol for no real reason. This would be perfect for the local driving I do to help reduce unnecessary petrol consumption. The plug connections without any ECU mods suits me. Would you consider shipping to Australia?

Of course. V-Tech Tuning Australia will be final distributor, so delivery will be quick. http://vtechtuning.com.au/
They still don't know about that :) but I inform them today.

I have checked the web link and cannot see any PHEV product.

Does the mod power on active with the PHEV power ON, or do you still have to press the ECO button?

I would consider a revision of my own Sticky SAVE/CHARGE mod, to include ECO.

Is your device actually over 300 euro? Not sure the AU$ equivalent.

anko said:

(Dutch) forum members that are interested in buying a box at a discounted price and would be able to show up with their car in the province of Utrecht in the Netherlands, next weekend, please drop me a PM ;)
There is no mass production het, and the vendor had to set limits to how many boxes we can get. We have already reached that limit. Sorry for those ...

anko said:
anko said:

There is no mass production het, and the vendor had to set limits to how many boxes we can get. We have already reached that limit. Sorry for those ...

Can I ask who 'We' is?
Do you mean the whole PHEV enthusiast community or just your little group in the Netherlands?

Tipper said:
anko said:
anko said:

Can I ask who 'We' is?
Do you mean the whole PHEV enthusiast community or just your little group in the Netherlands?
This is just for coming Saturday.

BTW: you do realize "our little group in the Netherlands" is much bigger than this international group? :mrgreen:

anko said:
Tipper said:
Can I ask who 'We' is?

This is just for coming Saturday.

BTW: you do realize "our little group in the Netherlands" is much bigger than this international group? :mrgreen:

No 'Willy Waggling' necessary! We know you are much greener over there... :mrgreen:

They would if publlc charge points were not so expensive. Now they are mainly useful for avoiding parking charges.

£250. Hmm, would it be worth it to save the odd couple of litres of petrol? And will the 8% increase in electric range be replicated by everyone? Is the claimed smoother drive experience worth the outlay? It's tempting, but I'll wait until the Dutch lads and lasses can tell us their experiences. (Cynical old fart, aren't I?).

Claymore said:
For me regrettably, it would have to be a pretty big discount otherwise I'll just fit a stronger return spring in the accelerator pedal :roll:

JimB

Any distributor will be welcome, after final tests.
I hope, when I finish my PHEV ECU android flasher, there still will be some PHEV owners who will want it :)

gwatpe said:
vtechtuning said:
gwatpe said:
Finally a real use for the ECO button. I put up with the ice starting with just that bit more acc pedal in NORMAL mode. It is annoying to burn 50-80ml of petrol for no real reason. This would be perfect for the local driving I do to help reduce unnecessary petrol consumption. The plug connections without any ECU mods suits me. Would you consider shipping to Australia?

Of course. V-Tech Tuning Australia will be final distributor, so delivery will be quick. http://vtechtuning.com.au/
They still don't know about that :) but I inform them today.

I have checked the web link and cannot see any PHEV product.

Does the mod power on active with the PHEV power ON, or do you still have to press the ECO button?

I would consider a revision of my own Sticky SAVE/CHARGE mod, to include ECO.

Is your device actually over 300 euro? Not sure the AU$ equivalent.

Here are taxes, VAT, and also still stupid situation, that I have bought 200 sets of plugs/sockets from Mitsu directly and they believe these plugs are made of gold.
I try to agree direct deliveries from Sumitomo Japan, to have these (same) plugs cheaper.

As I know, Vtech Tuning AU is fully informed about product. If they don't want to distribute - I kindly ask for help. Until now - no response.

Regulo said:
£250. Hmm, would it be worth it to save the odd couple of litres of petrol? And will the 8% increase in electric range be replicated by everyone? Is the claimed smoother drive experience worth the outlay? It's tempting, but I'll wait until the Dutch lads and lasses can tell us their experiences. (Cynical old fart, aren't I?).

Best to test. If you want to be a UK tester - no problem. I still need a lot of help. Repeatability of cars is now a biggest question. To be honest - all works in several cars. But I do not have any mass response as here I do not have many friends with PHEVs.

Back