Let's go pure EV...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vtechtuning said:
Claymore said:
For me regrettably, it would have to be a pretty big discount otherwise I'll just fit a stronger return spring in the accelerator pedal :roll:

JimB

Any distributor will be welcome, after final tests.
I hope, when I finish my PHEV ECU android flasher, there still will be some PHEV owners who will want it :)
I will buy your product without doubt in order to get a better EV feeling as you have described in one of your posts. That's worth a lot to me! :) I hope you will crack the algorithm and thus the low temp ICE mystery ;-)

Kör hårt! :)

I hope, when I finish my PHEV ECU android flasher, there still will be some PHEV owners who will want it :)
I for one am very interested in the PHEV ECU flashed version. From what I understand from your posts, through flashing the ECU, you can put the Outlander on completely EV mode when the eco button is activated - this is more like what I am looking for.

The heater problem is not such a big problem for me personally.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a separate thread for the PHEV ECU android flasher solution.

Many thanks for all the hard work!

Emmet

vtechtuning said:
Regulo said:
£250. Hmm, would it be worth it to save the odd couple of litres of petrol? And will the 8% increase in electric range be replicated by everyone? Is the claimed smoother drive experience worth the outlay? It's tempting, but I'll wait until the Dutch lads and lasses can tell us their experiences. (Cynical old fart, aren't I?).

Best to test. If you want to be a UK tester - no problem. I still need a lot of help. Repeatability of cars is now a biggest question. To be honest - all works in several cars. But I do not have any mass response as here I do not have many friends with PHEVs.

I want to be a tester here in Russia. BTW, did you stopped working on ECU software mods trough OBD?
Could we reflash some part of firmware from new 17 MY PHEV to old ones to have EV button mode?

:( seems interesting bargain, but not so much to me ....315 € is (really) Too expensive for "real" value of this box . Half could be, maybe...for the fun, and the pleasure to keep silence till 130KM/H

Sorry, but with money, I'am a basic guy :)

if goal is too save money, to keep engine quiet and save fuel.... the price is about 15 000 kms of full fuel (with the original set 1.8L/100KM ... and with my use I do less) with 1.2 €/l for sp95 E10

Sorry to break dreams ;)

ph37 said:
.... the price is about 15 000 kms of full fuel (with the original set 1.8L/100KM ... and with my use I do less) with 1.2 €/l for sp95 E10

Sorry to break dreams ;)
Sorry dude. It is you who is dreaming if you think you can drive 15 000 km for EURO 315,- :lol:
But either way, there is much more to this than just saving money.

anko said:
ph37 said:
.... the price is about 15 000 kms of full fuel (with the original set 1.8L/100KM ... and with my use I do less) with 1.2 €/l for sp95 E10

Sorry to break dreams ;)
Sorry dude. It is you who is dreaming if you think you can drive 15 000 km for EURO 315,- :lol:
But either way, there is much more to this than just saving money.

I do ! not dream (with our local electricity rates for loading 0.09€/kwh), and a bit of fuel for long distances :roll:

Sorry for your next business, (distrib.tester)dude too, just calculate a bit .! ;)

I hope your guests will too before buying an expensive new gadget :D

A very friendly mr. Vtechtuning showed up in the Netherlands this evening with a cardboard box full of "PHEV Boxes". For now, we had dinner and a few drinks and test drove his Polish PHEV with the magical box for a while. Quite a difference. Tomorrow he will be installing boxes in a bunch of Dutch PHEVs and then he will be off to Norway for a similar session.

anko said:
A very friendly mr. Vtechtuning showed up in the Netherlands this evening with a cardboard box full of "PHEV Boxes". For now, we had dinner and a few drinks and test drove his Polish PHEV with the magical box for a while. Quite a difference. Tomorrow he will be installing boxes in a bunch of Dutch PHEVs and then he will be off to Norway for a similar session.
When's he coming to London? :D

I'm interested in the ECU flash but the box would do if that is all that is available.

NAPpy

anko said:
ph37 said:
I hope your guests will too before buying an expensive new gadget :D
Because of the negative / destructive attitude you are showing, I can only be glad you will not be one of them.

Not at all.......... just subjective, curious and interrogative about excessive price/value... and not here for making money goal ! ... dude :D

Not only your car have an ECU, I just try to use mine (brain)

Enjoy your business..

anko said:
For now, we had dinner and a few drinks and test drove his Polish PHEV with the magical box for a while.
Although maybe not in that order? ;) ;)

Relating to the subject in hand, could you post a link to the NL forum where the beta testers will provide their feedback. My Dutch only goes as far as traffic signs and dog training (long story) but I assume Google Translate can ensure that we get an idea of how the testing is going.

Yesterday it was very frustrating to have 5km range left on the battery and see the ICE kick in because I went a tad over the 60kW limit. :cry: I was less than 2km from home, but on a motorway at 100km/h. If this modification/box works, then I hope that it would completely stop this kind of behaviour (unless I take the car out of Eco mode). :)

I doubt that Mr vtechtuning is looking for beta testers in Spain - the current installed user base is tiny compared to the UK or NL. :( :(

Anyway - it's nice to see that someone actually wants solve these detected problems for current Outlander PHEV drivers - whether for fun or profit!

Emmet

ph37 said:

Enjoy your business..
Somehow, you insist on making this all about money. Clearly, you are missing out on what we are really trying to achieve with this.

Have you seen all the posts on this forum from people complaining about unnecessary engine starts? How ofter are they about money? Very seldom, I would say. They are about excessive engine wear and tear du to cold starts, environment, concept, etc. Apparently, some people gladly pay some money if that helps them to get rid of some frustration.

After eight successful installs in about 6 hours time, Mr. V has departed from Utrecht in the Netherlands and is heading towards Norway. He expects to be in Goteborg around midnight and hopes to meet his Norwegian friends somewhere tomorrow.

Link to the Dutch forum topic: http://www.outlanderphevforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4032&p=48410#p48410

A picture one of the participants posted this afternoon:

file.php

One participant was already gone and another had not yet arrived when this picture was taken. Interestingly enough, 5 of the cars in this picture were from the very first batch (delivery november / december 2013).

anko said:
ph37 said:

Enjoy your business..
Somehow, you insist on making this all about money. Clearly, you are missing out on what we are really trying to achieve with this.

Have you seen all the posts on this forum from people complaining about unnecessary engine starts? How ofter are they about money? Very seldom, I would say. They are about excessive engine wear and tear du to cold starts, environment, concept, etc. Apparently, some people gladly pay some money if that helps them to get rid of some frustration.

It depends entirely on your pattern of usage - I fully understand why you want one, but it would make very little difference to my car.

Unless the mod includes a sticky ECO button function, it will have minimal impact, as a driver will need to remember to press the ECO function every time the PHEV is powered ON to prevent the undesirable engine starts.

I remember the same frustrations with the lack of a sticky SAVE and CHARGE mode.

I would pay for an ECU mod for sticky button features. My PHEV will soon be out of warranty, so I will look into my own sticky ECO mod again, with maybe an interactive throttle pedal.

gwatpe said:
Unless the mod includes a sticky ECO button function, it will have minimal impact, as a driver will need to remember to press the ECO function every time the PHEV is powered ON to prevent the undesirable engine starts.
Fear the competition? :mrgreen:

You must understand that the purpose of this modification is totally different than that of yours? And believe me, it is not so difficult to remember to press the button. I never forget to press it. It has become a habit, pretty much like putting on my seatbelt.

If the driver only goes to work and then returns home, presumably like you do then it may be possible to include a Press the ECO button into the startup sequence of the biological computer. My usage as well as many others may include a quick trip to the shop, drop some kids off at sports, and others at ballet, as well as pick others up from neighbourhood homes as a shuttle service with the flash EV. The REMEMBER to press the ECO button will soon become lost in all else that is happening within the vehicle. Sticky functionality of the ECO button for these drivers will soon become an important consideration.

Back