new project PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Subscribed, very very interesting project you've got going on.

I've got the base model here, which was a bit of a mistake in hindsight. One of the benefits that I wanted was to be able to sleep in the back with the climate control running while charging from a powerpoint. I have no way of doing that without the remote climate control app!!! The base model absolutely refuses to run the climate control while charging.

Please let us know how you manage with either installing the wifi antenna/computer or hacking the ETACS...

ht13, already tried that... I suspect it doesn't do anything because I don't have anything programmed in the MMCS, nor can I, the entire schedule and remote cooling/heating menu is hidden on my 2014 Australian base model.

finally back from a few weeks away, will get back into the PHEV hacking soon, also, found the limits of an PHEV off road.

got about half way. battery bottomed out on the sand.. was going well to that point.. (see the flat sand in the shadow? half way up?)

i-C3S94Lf-XL.jpg

Just an minor update, i havnt had much time to play with the PHEV over the christmas holiday period, but yesterday managed to get the laptop out and do some research on the errors problems that are stopping the car from going into drive or reverse..

only 1 error left..

Collision detection Hi voltage cutoff. bugger..

Yes, the car was in a collision, a minor enough one to not fire off any airbags, but sadly enough to trigger the safety collision cutoff of the high voltage system... oh well, back to the internets for ways to remove or reset that error.

Damn. Hope you find a trivial fix.

And yeah, the Outlander's ground clearance is pretty poor. I came from a Suzuki Alto, with it's tiny wheelbase and near zero overhang, it felt positively nimble off road in comparison, even as a gutless FWD hatchback.

better give an update, i have sold the PHEV wreck, i simply dont have enough time to do anything really constructive with it, to many other projects on the go, as well as full time work, and University study.. :(

Back