Pre heating interation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Douglas

Having seen the car this morning with snow on I decided I probably need to look at pre heating !
Only had the car a few weeks and have not downloaded the IOS app yet.
Currently I do an overnight charge using economy 7 controlled by the car's on board timers.
As I don't have a regular start time, like another post, I would like to remotely control the pre heating.
The question is, if I use the app I assume I use the app's timers for charging not the cars inbuilt timers.
What is the interaction between the charge timer and pre heating.
According to the manual there is a little button on the key fob that has to be pressed to turn off timers
to allow heating !
How does all this work with the app.
I would like to be able to charge between certain times overnight but pre heat possibly outside of these timer settings.

Also does the phone have to be within wifi range of the car all the while this is happening ?

Many thanks

You don't say what model you have. There was a bug/feature of the 2014/2015 series that if you turn on the pre-heating and also control charging via timers, the pre-heating will draw down the battery rather than draw power from the mains. There is no workaround for this - either you control charging manually, or you accept that you will set off with a less than full battery.

There was a suggestion that this may have been fixed on the new series, but I'm not sure about that.

Back