Who are you?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Owner - purchased 05/11/2016
2. Model - Gx4hs, white
3. Facelift / non facelift: Non-facelift (registered March 2015)
4. What attracted you to the car - Size, economy, comfort
5. Location - Nr Basingstoke, Hampshire
6. Occupation - Contracts Administrator
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV - Honda Civic IMA (2010-2012), Toyota Prius (2012-2015), Lexus CT200h F-Sport (2015-2016 - the most uncomfortable car I have ever owned). Hubby also had a Nissan Leaf 2013-2015, and now a Chevrolet Volt (AKA Vauxhall Ampera!).

Fell in love with this car after having read up on them and then having the opportunity to nose around and sit in one at a country show. I do mainly short commutes, but my hobby involves some long trips around the country, and couldn't bear doing them in my Lexus. I'd regretted letting my Prius go (130k on the clock), which had served me well on many journeys from Basingstoke to Glasgow (and back the same day), and from Basingstoke to the German/Swiss border - arriving in complete comfort. The Lexus made a 2 hour trip crippling, plus there was very little boot space. My first long trip this weekend (Basingstoke to Leeds to Haydock Park, then the reverse on the way back), and I'm actually looking forward to it!

1. Owner - purchased 19/10/2016
2. Model - Gx4h, grey
3. Facelift / non facelift: Facelift (registered March 2016)
4. What attracted you to the car - need a large-ish vehicle (owned 5 MPVs previously), occasional soft-road use (live in the countryside), interesting engineering, now retired so mostly local driving in EV mode
5. Location - South Warwickshire
6. Occupation - retired
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV - none, but had a week long test drive before buying

As a lifelong techno geek I am fascinated by this vehicle, and a week long test drive proved it could cover my local driving needs and occasional long distance trips hauling gear (windsurf and bikes). I know other owners who are full or praise, and have a contact within Mitsubishi who is useful.

Love this site as an information source....will be posting questions shortly !

1. Owner: Lease car, arrived today. :D
2. GX3h+ in Orient Red
3. Facelift (I think)
4. A tax-friendly 4X4
5. Welwyn Garden City, England
6. Small business owner, supporting unemployed people into work
7. No experience of EV/REV/PHEV

bbb

Just joined the forum as only just got my PHEV and figured it would be good to hear from others who have owned and operated it for longer.

1. Owner: PCP bought Friday 65 plate
2. GX4hs in white
3. Facelift - no idea but it has the chrome bits around the front
4. An eco friendly 4X4
5. Broxbourne, England
6. Small business owner, environment, health and safety consultancy
7. No experience of EV/REV/PHEV

Finding out there's a lot to learn about the car and what it can do.

1. Owner / 2016 November 2
2. Model / Intense Style Black
3. Facelift
4. Alter Paris Show on October, i decided change technology and i sold my L200 Pickup after 5 year And 100000kms with nothing problem.
5. Location - TARBES (near LOURDES) Hautes Pyrénées FRANCE
6. Occupation: Manufacturing Professor in Engineering school
7. No Experience of EV/REV/PHEV

1. Owner on PCP, receiving it next week hopefully
2. GX4H in White
3. non facelift MY2015
4. Looks good and lower fuel costs
5. Location - Essex
6. Occupation - Management Accountant ie I do decision making not sets of accounts
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before: None before the extended test drive.

1. Owner - Dec 2016
2. Model - MY16 INSTYLE (GG2WXDHHZL6) - Don't know how closely this maps to UK models (e.g. no auto alarm).
3. facelift (I believe)
4. What attracted you to the car initially - Wanted a non-diesel SUV which is hard to come by in this country. The PHEV started growing on me once I discovered it.
5. Location - Almada, PT
6. Occupation - Owner of a small IT business
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - none

Purchased 31.12.2016, Black GX5hs 2016 Facelift, Bishop Auckland, Co Durham, Retired, First time ever electric in any form for us

Just saying hello having found the forum tonight and to say we are "in love" currently. Slightly concerned because we decided to purchase based on the advertising blurb of 30+ EV miles which would be brilliant for our local journeys to and from Bishop for shopping, doctors, dentist etc AND discovering that the reality - bearing in mind it is winter right now but not exactly the normal cold temperatures one would expect at this time of year - is around 19 according to the displays :( Time will tell I guess.

1. Owner 02/2017
2. Model 16MY Instyle
3. Facelift
4. Wanted a phev with a large boot that looked like a "normal" car.
5. Location - Lisbon, Portugal
6. University professor
7. No previous experience. But loving it!

1. Owner - November 2016
2. Model - GX4h
3. Non facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially - looking for petrol SUV with an auto gearbox and the Outlander ticked all my boxes. It wasn't even on my list of cars and I just happened to come across it while looking for something else. (note to Mitsubishi- you need better advertising in the UK)
5. Location - Wales
6. Occupation - retired engineer
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before / none, but loving the smooth drive and cheaper running costs.

1. Owner - Company lease due March 2017
2. Model - 4hs MY17
3. facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially - low benefit in kind cost, high driving position, 4wd
5. Location - Suffolk
6. Occupation - agronomist
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before / none

Hi all.

1. Owner / possible owner / date of delivery
Owner - bought through my company - delivered today
2. Model / possible model
Outlander PHEV 5hs
3. Facelift / non facelift
None
4. What attracted you to the car initially
Green driving/I love new technology/cost and economy
5. Location - city & country
Ewhurst, near Cranleigh, Surrey UK
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language)
Solicitor (no longer practising)/company director
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before
My first.

1. Owner / possible owner / date of delivery
Had it a week now.
2. Model / possible model
Aspire
3. Facelift / non facelift
Dont think so
4. What attracted you to the car initially
Cheep to run for my mainly short trips
5. Location - city & country
Hobart Australia
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language)
Software
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before
None.

Liking it after one week. Havent tried the Adaptive Cruise Control yet but driven it about 300km

Hi,

new to PHEV and have just transferred from years of Discovery ownership and the DISCO3 forum.

1. Owner : Took delivery on 22 February, waved goodbye to our Discovery 3.
2. GX5HS pearlescent white, red leather with additional bodykit, towbar, chrome pack, paint protection etc etc. (ex demo so had every available option and extra)
3. Facelift : 66 plate
4. Attracted to : Reliability and running costs, driving position
5. Location : Fareham Hampshire
6. Occupation : Electrical/Mechanical Engineer, now Project Manager for delivery of new trains and signalling systems.
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV : none ! steep learning curve.

Hi

After many good years of larger vehicles Land Rovers, Hilux's ........

1. Owner: From: 23/3/17
2. Model: GX4HS Amethyst Black
3. MY2017
4. Why: Tax benefits, improved running costs and EV
5. Location: Essex UK
6. Occupation: IT Company Director
7. Experience: It's my first PHEV/EV/REV, be gentle

Enjoying it so far.

Hello everyone!

1. Proud owner, delivered yesterday
2. It's a Outlander PHEV Intense Navi
3. MY2016
4. What I like is the economy, technology, size, AWD and extended range.
5. Living in Estoril, Portugal
6. Computer science engineer in the IT industry
7. No previous experience with any kind of EV vehicles

1. Owner - leased new 22 May 2017
2. Model - Juro Leather Atlantic Grey
3. Facelift / non facelift: Facelift MY17
4. What attracted you to the car - Tecnology, running costs, 4x4, suits my driver profile i.e. lots of short journeys. Replacing an aged high mileage LR Discovery 3, great car but unreliable, costly to run and not suited to predominantly short journeys
5. Location - Sherborne, Dorset
6. Occupation - Retired from a life in Aerospace Industry
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV - Zilch

G'day

1. Owner. We bought slightly second hand, ex Mitsubishi corporate vehicle, with 16,000 klms on the clock in March 2017.
2. Model: white, MY14.5, built 6/2014, base model, first registered and compliance plate in January 2016, so we will be in warranty till January 2021. In Australia the base model has HID headlamps, keyless entry and much more, not sure how that compares with other countries.
(Mitsubishi bought a heap of PHEV's into the country in 2014 and they just didn't sell many, as there is sadly absolutely zero tax/registration etc discounts in Australia for EV's, PHEV's etc. Yep, we are a backward country!)
3. Non facelift: original 2014 look but I have added good LED daytime running lights, which I fitted in the space in front of the bottom radiator inlet each side.
4. What attracted you to the car initially: I've always been interested in EV's and PHEV's, and we do a lot of short runs, so this is ideal.
5. Location: Brisbane Australia
6. Occupation: In a previous life, I was an electrical engineer, now a captain with a major airline.
7. Experience: First EV/PHEV for us.
I have looked at hybrids etc for quite some time, but couldn't see any benefit for us if we couldn't drive to the shops and back without starting an engine. I'd love a Tesla, but can't really justify the expense, but the PHEV ticks all the boxes for us, (as our second car, and we love it. We also have a Grand Cherokee diesel -for towing our large caravan, -which we prefer to leave in the garage for short runs.) We have 6.5kW of solar panels on the roof but will keep using them to feed to the grid as we get a good feed in tariff, so the car gets charged on off peak power after midnight.

1. Me, delivery in september
2. Juro (must have CarPlay.... bizarrely in the UK it's the only model with CarPlay :( ) - Atlantic Grey
3. Facelift
4. We live about 2 miles from school, 14 miles to work...... no long journeys other than leisure which i do in my V8 Disco at the moment ! So can run EV only for most of that!
5. South Devon, UK
6. Business Process/Systems Consultant - its super exciting.
7. None yet, but had electric pedal cycles !

1. Owner. Ex dealer demo, 3,500 klms on the clock in September 2017.
2. Model: Arctic Silver, MY14, built 2/2014, base model (ZJ in Australia), first registered and compliance plate in July 2016, so will be in warranty till July 2021.
3. Non facelift. Stock build but will fit towbar for a 6x4 foot box trailer that I use for carting firewood and general garden/ household duties
4. What attracted you to the car initially: Interested in EV's as we have 3kW of grid connect solar on the house, and the feed in tariff is dropping dramatically in just over 12 months time so looking for ways to use it as the wife and I frequently cycle to work therefore the car can charge during the day. Currently the PHEV is the only EV in Australia that can tow something reasonable without spending ridiculous money on hybrid Lexus or BMW. Also for when we do drive our commuting distance is within EV range for a return run, and the boss says I can charge at work.
5. Location: Hobart, Australia
6. Occupation: Marine Biologist.
7. Experience: First EV/PHEV.

Back