Rustybolts

Wheel Nuts

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Hi, anyone know the wheel nut torque for a 2019 with aluminum wheels. My searches yielded nothing.
Thanks you

littlescrote

Re: Wheel Nuts

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:44 am

The official users manual that I've downloaded for my 2016 says on page 400 - tightening torgue 88 to 108 Nm.

It's very easy to search the pdf for things like that (ctrl-f).

Rustybolts

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:05 am

The official users manual that I've downloaded for my 2016 says on page 400 - tightening torgue 88 to 108 Nm.

It's very easy to search the pdf for things like that (ctrl-f).
Thank you, that sounds easier than searching the book.

richr

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 am

In this case not too difficult to find in the manual. People seem reluctant to look in car Owners Manuals for some reason, yet probably 80% of the 'what does this mean?' or 'how do I?' questions asked on the Facebook group (and probably about 60% on here) have the answer right there in your glovebox, with no guesses or misleading information.

Admittedly if you're not used to looking things up in reference books (a skill that doesn't seem to be taught at school so much), then it helps to know how to start:

Go to the index at the back.
Look up Wheel.
Wheel covers is on page 9-17. Not that useful so look up Tyre - How to change a tyre is on page 9-13.
So around page 9-13 to 9-17 is where stuff to do with wheels and removing/fitting them is likely to be.
Turn to page 9-13 as it's likely to say when fitting a wheel back on what to tighten the nuts to.
Skim through the headings to see if there's anything relevant over the next couple of pages.
And there it is on the top of the middle column of page 9-17: 'Tightening torque 88 to 108 Nm'
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GX4H (petrol/electric)
2008 Volkswagen Caravelle (diesel)
(recently departed - 2004 Subaru Outback 3.0Rn (LPG), 1991 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5 LWB (WVO))

NightPHEVer
Location: Forres, Scotland, UK. 2014 GX4h with clear rear light lenses.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:56 am

richr wrote:
Admittedly if you're not used to looking things up in reference books (a skill that doesn't seem to be taught at school so much), then it helps to know how to start:'
Well enjoy it while you can - new Fords (especially Fiestas) are increasingly not having an owner's manual included anymore. So you have to go 'online' whether you like it or not. Expect other manufacturers to follow suit if it saves a few pennies. I can't imagine the misery of trawling through an online manual when you're in a hurry to find something out. I've noticed a few s/h Range Rover Evoques having home printed manuals in them too, so perhaps you no longer get one with one of those either.

AndyInOz

Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:23 pm

NightPHEVer wrote:
richr wrote:
Admittedly if you're not used to looking things up in reference books (a skill that doesn't seem to be taught at school so much), then it helps to know how to start:'
Well enjoy it while you can - new Fords (especially Fiestas) are increasingly not having an owner's manual included anymore. So you have to go 'online' whether you like it or not. Expect other manufacturers to follow suit if it saves a few pennies. I can't imagine the misery of trawling through an online manual when you're in a hurry to find something out. I've noticed a few s/h Range Rover Evoques having home printed manuals in them too, so perhaps you no longer get one with one of those either.
Interesting, I take the opposite view.

I'd much rather have manuals in digital form.

It takes seconds to find what you want (via search) rather than hours of searching the fine print with a magnifying glass in the printed manual.

Being able to have 10,000 manuals on my workshop e-book is a plus too.
2014 PHEV Aspire, Arctic Silver;
Black Interior;
Hayman Reese removable tow bar;
1.5kW Solar, grid connected.

littlescrote

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:44 am

NightPHEVer wrote:Well enjoy it while you can - new Fords (especially Fiestas) are increasingly not having an owner's manual included anymore. So you have to go 'online' whether you like it or not. Expect other manufacturers to follow suit if it saves a few pennies.
it not only saves them a few pennies, it saves weight in the vehicle which could mean the difference in fuel consumption between one band and the next that could have implications for running costs.

as above, everyone has a device capable of viewing an online or downloaded manual in their pocket and using the search option is much easier.

jaapv

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:27 am

It is not so much about pennies and weight; most technical products nowadays have a "quick start guide" at most - it saves trees.
Instyle 2019
Titanium Grey
Before:
Instyle+ 2013

greendwarf

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:49 pm

So when you're stuck in the middle of nowhere without a mobile 'phone signal, I'd rather have some low tech paper to hand :lol:

jaapv

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:41 am

Great Thinkers tend to download essential PDFs... :ugeek:
Instyle 2019
Titanium Grey
Before:
Instyle+ 2013

Return to “General / Main Outlander PHEV Owners Forum”