A question about the Warranty

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvaghela

Hi

My PHEV -5 weeks old -just over 200 miles on the clock suddenly stopped working this week - EV system service required. To cut a long story short MAP arranged for it to be taken to the Dealer from whom I bought it (about 11miles away).
Once they had fixed it (flat battery apparently) I asked about getting it back to me - they said they can't drop the car back to me, they won't pay for a taxi to pick me up from home, and they don't do a courtesy car. I quoted the wording in the warranty I had about repatriation - they said that referred to European services and not relevant to the UK.

Just asking what the warranty says about getting the car home after repairs. Any thoughts?

Cheers Herbie

Just one thing - find a dealer with better service.
Don't forget, dealers do not make a living out of selling cars - the money is made by the repairs department, sales mainly serve to feed repairs.

I thought LR dealers were bad :shock:

You are within your rights to reject the vehicle under the consumer rights act and demanded a refund or replacement but you have been reasonable and accepted a repair - they should of offered a courtesy car or collected and returned your vehicle if you could manage without a vehicle

My nearest dealer is just over 20 miles and offer collection or courtesy vehicles

I'm appalled at the customer service you've experienced and would contact Mitsubishi UK and complain

I wouldn't be using that dealer again

Good luck with resolving this

What an appalling attitude. I know it is tempting to use a dealer that is nearest for the convenience offered - but in this case there appears to be no convenience - just the opposite in fact. What level within the company have you had contact with? Sales might be able to pick you up if service is too busy. A manager might have a different attitude to a service receptionist.

My perception of my own local Mitsubishi dealer is that it is a relatively unrefined showroom and service set-up, geared more to the local industrial/farming customer base and lacking some of the refinements currently experienced from more mainstream companies. They are very personable and helpful though.

For a company whose trade is vehicles and transportation to fail to overcome an 11 mile journey is incredible. Depending on how far another dealer is I'd be tempted to make my own way there (taxi if necessary) then let them know that all your future custom would be taken elsewhere along with widespread dissemination of your experience of their standard of "service".

Name & shame on here would help other potential customers avoid a similar experience too.

Thank you all for your sympathy and advice.
I eventually picked up the car myself - changed my work schedule that day, the wife kindly agreed to take me - altering her ownplans.
I did this the same day I created the original post ie saturday.
What a shambles!!
We arrived at 4pm - the service centre closes at 1pm. I was called at 9am to say the car was ready to be collected. The sales guys went hunting round for the keys (and car) - 30mins later they couldn't find it - they called the servicing guys - no answer on the phone. I eventually spotted still in the garage and the keys were left on the seat.
So eventually I go it home ourselves.
More shambles!
When I bought the car - we agreed on the protection pack - when i picked it up - no protection pack installed, eventually got a date to take it back and have it installed - which by fate/coincidence/kismet was the day it broke down and was taken to the service centre anyway. However they haven't installed the rear bump protection plate. When i spoke with them today, they apologised and said they would call and fix a day - still waiting.

Muddywheels said:
I'm appalled at the customer service you've experienced and would contact Mitsubishi UK and complain
I am strongly considering doing this - if only to clarify the details of the warranty.
RobOwen said:
Depending on how far another dealer
My second closest dealer is 25miles away - I'll be keeping this as an option if my local dealer continues to be uncompromising.

hvaghela said:
However they haven't installed the rear bump protection plate. When i spoke with them today, they apologised and said they would call and fix a day - still waiting.

Which will presumably mean another self-funded round trip for you :roll: I have to say that this is not dis-similar to the treatment I have had from both of the only available dealers in Sarf Lundun. :evil:

Back