Can you charge and run heater while sitting IN the car?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steepndeep

Sunday I was running my son to and from gymnastics training. When picking him up I was 15 minutes early and temperature was was below freezing outside. At the training center there are 4 charge points so I happily connected the car and was going to stay in the car listening to the radio and enjoy the electrical heater. Turns out that was impossible.

1 Leaving the car in ON mode of course let my run the heater but the car will not charge. Maybe that is a safety thing
2 Turning the car to OFF the car charges but no radio. And no heater as you must have the car LOCKED to run the heater and it is impossible to lock the car while being in the car. I only tried to lock the car using the key fob. Locking the car using the door lock and then start the heater has not been tried but I doubt it will work.
3 Having the car in Radio mode lets me listen to radio and charge but not run the heater (same as 2)

I think it would be an excellent feature to be able to sit in the car and run the preheater, or have the car in ON and charge. Does anyone know if this is possible?

You can sit in the car and start preheating with the app, the car still charge and does not need to be locked.

Pbud said:
What mod to the remote?

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2118

DSC_0631_01.jpg

Back