Disable keyless entry ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A steering wheel lock is my goto for overnight theft prevention. The idea is its enough of a PITA to deal with that they move on to easier pickings.

Bobreak said:
ThudnBlundr said:
How many people on here have reported their PHEV being stolen in this way? I can't remember any in the 5 years I've been on here.

It's like the cat-stealing hype - social media and the press love sh*t-stirring and getting people worried about things that are incredibly unlikely to happen :roll:

It's all over my area, im not taking any chances mate. I got faraday pouches, steering wheel lock, ordered OBD2 lock and will book Ghost2 immobiliser to be installed soon.

So you've succumbed to the sh*t-stirring as well, despite there being no actual evidence that our cars are actually being stolen :roll:

You don't need to buy a dubious faraday pouch. A simple old tin box will suffice. We've had one for our keys for over 5 years. Even with the box touching the car, it won't unlock. But that's now old technology, and "Gameboy unlocking" is now much more common

I assume you not living in London. I live in South East London and we have gangs from North London targeting our streets. So it's not shit stirring. And yes I keep my car key in empty crisps packets and I booked my keyless entry to be disabled. I don't like and I will never do. I got used of carrying faraday pouch in my pocket đź‘Ś

In my other Mitsubishi, just locking the drivers door with the physical key will disable the keyless entry until it is unlocked again. Seems like a much simpler solution.

Quite handy if you are doing something wet and want to lock the electronic part of the key inside the car.

I haven't specifically tested on the PHEV yet but I will, I suspect it is the same.

mikedufty said:
In my other Mitsubishi, just locking the drivers door with the physical key will disable the keyless entry until it is unlocked again. Seems like a much simpler solution.

Quite handy if you are doing something wet and want to lock the electronic part of the key inside the car.

I haven't specifically tested on the PHEV yet but I will, I suspect it is the same.

Isn't that a bit like the simple transponder defeat where you remove that chip from the key and fix/glue it near the aerial receiver?
Handy if you only got one key with the car so can just get another blade cut to use as a spare but defeats the purpose of the anti-theft stuff.

As in - won't that just mean if someone does break into the car it'll start as it can detect the transponder?

Back