Fuel Low Warning

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverfuel

I have just completed my first 6 months with the car and the one thing I hadn't tested was the point at which the fuel warnings happened so I tried it out the other day.

I was making a long motorway trip so I decided to try and make it there an back on the fuel I had. At 35 miles indicated total remaining mileage the REFUEL! Warning came on the central display and the petrol pump symbol (the one that indicates which side of the car the filler cap is on) started blinking. The indicated range stayed at 35 for about 5 miles before slowly dropping to 30. The car charged itself up to 3 miles of EV range in this time - note I did NOT have the Save or Charge buttons pressed at this time and the car was indicating --- EV when the warning first came on. Maybe someone could explain that to me as I thought it was weird.

At 30 miles range the indicator suddenly showed ----. So being a little shocked that I could go from 30 miles range to zero in a matter of seconds, I decided that I better get off the motorway and fill up. I drove for another 8 miles before I got to an exit and pulled into the service station. EV range was ---, total range showed ----.

I filled the car to the brim and it took 38.78 litres, so was pleased to learn that when the car shows zero range, it still has about 7 litres of fuel left. I must admit though, it was the first time I have had range anxiety! Car showed 305 miles range after filling up, which had increased to 355 miles by the time I got home (about 6 miles).

There are 2 fuel warnings, an initial warning puts a temporary ! warning up and the fuel arrow blinks slowly. Then there is a second one where the arrow blinks more rapidly and the ! warning is on permanently. When I had this it allowed me to put 39 litres in the tank, so similar to yours, but still have 6 litres or about 50 miles of probable range.

Back