linking wireless

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarq

Hi Guys,

After spending half an hour trying to get my tablet & andriod phone to connect to the PHEV, unsuccessfully. I decided to read a bit more about what I'm doing wrong.

I got it to beep once, a couple of times, but that was it. I suppose if it had 'seen' them it would have done something else. Are you supposed to set the wifi on the devices 1st. it doesn't say in the instructions, seems to suggest that is the last stage.

On looking further, apart from being able to pre heat the car & check/set the charge what other use is it?

I have the car set on it's own timer to charge when I want it to, if the 'app' does connect will it upset all the timer settings I've already set?

Is it worth trying to link phone etc.?

I've seen some horror stories about the car packing up after this was done! :eek:

The horror stories are about the car packing up after a failed attempt at a software update - which you do through your phone or tablet - but it is not mandatory to do it.

I had some trouble getting mine paired up too - the first thing to remember is that you have to do the acrobatics with the key fob pretty quickly - all within ten seconds. The next point is that it does not seem to broadcast its SSID - I could not see the car offered as a WiFi point to connect to - I had to type in the SSID on the phone, copying it from the ticket in the car documentation. And finally, the SSID seems to be case sensitive - I had always assumed that they are not case sensitive, but this one definitely was.

tarq said:
On looking further, apart from being able to pre heat the car & check/set the charge what other use is it?

Well you can turn the lights on and off from the app :lol: :lol:

I've given up trying to connect my early iphone. I know it works as the dealer had it working but as soon as I was home it failed to connect and I'll probably wait till I have to visit the dealer for some other reason before getting them to have another go. I guess it would be nice to have in the winter though.

This, in fact, was the main complaint I could think of when recently completing the 15 page Mitsi owners survey so I'm not really complaining. My other whinge was the horrid satnav transgender voice. I forgot to mention that TMC doesn't work although subsequently I've seen on this forum how zooming the map out seems to work.

Wattcar, it is possible that your home wifi network is interfering. Drive a bit away from your home and try again or you can try to manually disconnect the phone from your home network

Snowball

Back