Looks like we have a new forum!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyInOz

Staff member
Well, well, it looks like the forum has had a software upgrade.

It will probably take a while for us to work out all the twiddly bits.

I have seized on the opportunity to add a profile pic.

:)

I'm glad you've discovered it. Please keep looking around and tell me if you see something that needs tweaked, or if you have questions.

I can't find any way to delete my account, even when disabled every now and then I get emails related to the forum. I have not had an Outlander since 3 cars back.
Thanks

Hi Bob,
I can't find any way to delete my account, even when disabled every now and then I get emails related to the forum. I have not had an Outlander since 3 cars back.
Thanks

I can probably do that for you, would you like me to do so?

Edited to add.

I spoke too soon, I can see where a lot of the functionality is, but not 'Delete Member'.

I'll take care of it for you. There are still some more tweaks coming over the next few days.

I started getting daily notifications from the forum yesterday. That's nice. But it would be even nicer if I were able to replace my 2017 Outlander PHEV with a 2023 one. Sadly Mitsubishi opted out of the UK market. Bad decision. I've looked at the competition and there's still nothing to match it. I shall keep going with my existing car until there's a full EV available with enough range that I don't have to search for charging points on any long trip. I understand there are now one or two Chinese EVs with 1000km range, but not yet available in the UK.

I started getting daily notifications from the forum yesterday. That's nice. But it would be even nicer if I were able to replace my 2017 Outlander PHEV with a 2023 one. Sadly Mitsubishi opted out of the UK market. Bad decision. I've looked at the competition and there's still nothing to match it. I shall keep going with my existing car until there's a full EV available with enough range that I don't have to search for charging points on any long trip. I understand there are now one or two Chinese EVs with 1000km range, but not yet available in the UK.
Likewise on the daily notifications - about three weeks after we finally waved goodbye to our 2014 PHEV! We've replaced it with a Nissan X-Trail e-Power - the vehicle that Mitsubishi should have built from the start. It makes no claim to be an EV - it's a petrol car with an electric transmission. Realistically, that is what the PHEV always was - and I recognised that when I bought it. Ten years ago, the PHEV was a fairly effective tax avoidance mechanism, but it never really made ecological sense - the battery is too small to do anything very useful, but sufficiently heavy to impact on fuel consumption when you have to drag it round and expensive to replace when it dies.

The X-Trail is built on the same platform as the Outlander, but there is no plug on it. The battery pack is a couple of kWh and weighs three or four pounds - should be quite cheap to replace when it eventually gives up the ghost. The "EV range" is about two miles - I have once pressed the EV button when I needed to move the car forwards a few feet to gain access to the garage. Without the weight of a flat battery pack to drag around, the fuel economy is pretty good - I've averaged around 43mpg since it was delivered - pretty good for December. The PHEV didn't manage that in the middle of the summer.

We did look at the new Ford Explorer EV - actually had one reserved - but when we looked at the battery warranty, we ran for our lives. The headline range of around 300 miles would have been enough for our purposes. When we went to the launch event, we were told that a more realistic figure would be about 230 miles - still just about enough, but we were told to expect that to drop by 40% or more over the term of the battery warranty (seven years) and there was no specific figure for maximum degradation - the range could drop by 50% or more and it would not be considered a warranty job. They had not worked out a price yet for a battery replacement, but my local dealership was estimating something approaching £30,000...

Martin

This is a post that I wrote yesterday. But for some reason I seem to have been kicked out of the forum and was unable to login today. I have re-registered.Let us see how long this lasts. I started getting emails from the forum a couple of days ago after total silence since I first registered 6 years ago. Something odd happening with it.

This is a post that I wrote yesterday. But for some reason I seem to have been kicked out of the forum and was unable to login today. I have re-registered.Let us see how long this lasts. I started getting emails from the forum a couple of days ago after total silence since I first registered 6 years ago. Something odd happening with it.
You asked to be opted out so that was done. Would you like your old account back?

Your old account is now merged into the new account, Geolog

Last edited:
You asked to be opted out so that was done. Would you like your old account back?

Your old account is now merged into the new account, Geolog
Thanks for the reply, though I'm not sure it explains anything! When did I ask to be opted out? Perhaps I did 6 years ago (I don't remember) - but certainly didn't yesterday. My ony reference to opting out was about Mitsubishi opting out of the UK market! And I have no idea why the emails suddenly started coming this week. But it's interesting to see other owners' experience with their Outlanders.

The newsletter is a new feature. And be sure to click on the threads you are interested in, and you'll come directly to that thread on the forum to read all the new replies.

https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/account/preferencesThere are several settings there that members should check out. You may even disable ads, so you won't see them when you are logged in.

Likewise on the daily notifications - about three weeks after we finally waved goodbye to our 2014 PHEV! We've replaced it with a Nissan X-Trail e-Power - the vehicle that Mitsubishi should have built from the start. It makes no claim to be an EV - it's a petrol car with an electric transmission. Realistically, that is what the PHEV always was - and I recognised that when I bought it. Ten years ago, the PHEV was a fairly effective tax avoidance mechanism, but it never really made ecological sense - the battery is too small to do anything very useful, but sufficiently heavy to impact on fuel consumption when you have to drag it round and expensive to replace when it dies.

The X-Trail is built on the same platform as the Outlander, but there is no plug on it. The battery pack is a couple of kWh and weighs three or four pounds - should be quite cheap to replace when it eventually gives up the ghost. The "EV range" is about two miles - I have once pressed the EV button when I needed to move the car forwards a few feet to gain access to the garage. Without the weight of a flat battery pack to drag around, the fuel economy is pretty good - I've averaged around 43mpg since it was delivered - pretty good for December. The PHEV didn't manage that in the middle of the summer.

We did look at the new Ford Explorer EV - actually had one reserved - but when we looked at the battery warranty, we ran for our lives. The headline range of around 300 miles would have been enough for our purposes. When we went to the launch event, we were told that a more realistic figure would be about 230 miles - still just about enough, but we were told to expect that to drop by 40% or more over the term of the battery warranty (seven years) and there was no specific figure for maximum degradation - the range could drop by 50% or more and it would not be considered a warranty job. They had not worked out a price yet for a battery replacement, but my local dealership was estimating something approaching £30,000...

Martin
Well thank you very much for the very many insightful contributions you've made to the Outlander PHEV forums Maby. Good luck with your Nissan. I'll be here for a bit longer, like Geolog above, as I too cannot find anything that fits the bill quite as well as the Outlander for my use cases. I shall keep looking.

Have you looked at the Toyota RAV4 plug in hybrid? About 48 miles pure EV, pretty quick 0-62 about 6s, can be bought used under £30k.

Yes, the RAV4 was the top of the list if I were intending to change. But by the time I'd be able to get a new RAV4, there will be a bunch of new Chinese all-electric cars with much longer range. I think I'll stick with the Outlander for now. It does what I need.

Back