Mitsubishi Outlander 2007 ( help please)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackbird1386

Hi everyone this is my first post, I have a 2007 outlander I have it for nearly 2 years about 6 months after I brought the car I was heading down the Moterway and the car lost power it wouldn't go above 50mph so I pulled into the hard shoulder and turns it off then back on and it was fine then about 10 mile later it happens again but this time the engine management light come on, I managed to get to the nearest service station and called the AA. The guy who came out said that he can't find anything wrong and that there was a couple of old codes when he hooked it up and that he had wiped them and said it might just be a sensor playing up because of the cold then sent me on my way. After getting to my destination that was 200 mile away it was fine then a week later on my trip back home the same thing again.

Too cut a long story short

I just had to stop and restart and it was fine and over the last couple of years I have had 4 different garages take a look but can't find the problem I have had a 2 full services, new fuel pump, and a few other little parts.
It's happening every time I go on the Moterway and last time it did the AA came out again and said it was the turbo over boosts sesor so I had that changed and after about 70 mile it happens again, it's horrible not knowing what it is I have extended warranty with the car but they can't find the problem and it's just costing me more and more money s the work they do is not covered.
5 days ago I was traveling down the Moterway in cruise control and about a hour into the trip it happens no engine management light and then about 30 mile later it happens again this time the engine light came on but the car was not in limp mode, I managed to get to my desternation and left it parked up for a day when I went out to it the day after the engine light was on I went to get fuel and was driving to the garage and the engine light mysteriously turns off, the guy at the garage said to me if the lights on there's nothing I can do ( this is what Mitsubishi have said to me too) a majority of the time when it happens it's when I'm accelerating under 3 thousand revs I don't go over the 3 as I know it will happen, as it's a family car I'm sure you all agree it's dangerous to be happening so much with the kids in the car

I'm really sorry about this long post but I hope that someone has had the same problem and knows the fix, thanks for reading.

Hi, I think you're in the wrong place to get an answer. This is a forum for Outlander PHEVs. A different concept of vehicle altogether. Someone with past experience of Outlanders may be here, but most of us have come to the PHEV from other makes, purely because it is so different from conventional cars. Sorry to disappoint, and hope you find a solution eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back