My GX3 wont fully charge to 32 Miles

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willcollings

Hi my battery wont fully charge to 32 miles, it only charges to about 25/26 miles has anyone else experienced this problem.

You are viewing the range that the car expects to be able to achieve on batteries given the way you have previously driven it and whether the aircon is on or off. It is not how charged the battery is. That is shown on the center display as blue bars.

Depending on how you drive the car the expected range will change. If you turn on the aircon then you will see a step drop in the range as the car adjusts the range to take into account the power that the aircon is likely to use.

CJ

You'll only get 32 miles under ideal circumstances with an ideal driving style anyway, which, for most of us, means rarely or never.

jaapv said:
You'll only get 32 miles under ideal circumstances with an ideal driving style anyway, which, for most of us means rarely or never.

Definitely - 25 miles is far more realistic for normal driving in warm weather.

Just to illustrate how unreliable the predicted range is - this morning I had 17, yesterday and the day before 16 miles. No charging and short trips to the shops etc.on all 3 days - apparently I 've gained charge by using it. So Einstein was wrong all along :lol:

greendwarf said:
Just to illustrate how unreliable the predicted range is - this morning I had 17, yesterday and the day before 16 miles. No charging and short trips to the shops etc.on all 3 days - apparently I 've gained charge by using it. So Einstein was wrong all along :lol:

Well if you will insist on B5 all the way down to the shops then getting out and pushing it back up the hill!

I must confess - I using the old used car traders trick of driving everywhere in reverse to send the clock backwards :lol:

outofyorkshire said:
if you turn the aircon off you will see the EV range jump up to 32 :lol:

No you won't, Mine has never shown anything above 23 regardless of conditions/heaters/aircon.............

ferris72 said:
outofyorkshire said:

No you won't, Mine has never shown anything above 23 regardless of conditions/heaters/aircon.............

It takes into account your recent driving style - mine never shows more that 24 miles under any circumstances - it thinks I'm a boy racer!

ferris72 said:
outofyorkshire said:

Well you might do. I have seen 32 miles so it's definitely possible. I've also seen as low as 18 after a full charge (winter, cold, heaters, a bit of fast driving on my previous journey all took their toll)

Most of the time at the moment mine shows 28-30 with it hitting 40 a couple of weeks ago after having driven 35 miles on pure ev. Was pretty warm then and no big hills on journey although not flat either.

cJ

Check how many leaves you get when you stop - the more leaves, it seems, before you charge the higher the predicted range when charged. I typically get 4 or 5 leaves and always see 32 or 36 miles on the guess-o-meter.

On holiday in Cornwall and for the first time ever I'm getting 32miles on the guess-o-meter after a full charge.

Alas it only lasts about 1 minute before dropping but still a first as I normally only see 25ish. Prob due to the lack of motorways!

And maybe something to do with the temperature being in the 30's today - mine was 31 this morning but boy did I need that aircon, so I didn't care about the range drop. I still did 25 miles before the engine started though.

I got 34 miles this morning, drove 9 miles and still had 27 left!

Unfortunately I then charged up so I never found out the maximum I might have got from the guessometer, but I was pleased to see 34 on screen, even if you never actually get that many miles in real life. Certainly beats the 16s and 18s I got in winter!

After my second charge yesterday I only got 28 showing but equalled my record of 30.3 miles on 100% EV - but still had 3 miles (2 bars showing) when I got back home. I will get over the 32.5 one day - I could have driven it for a bit longer just to see, but it was really hot last night and I had not used the air con, so I will have to wait for another day. It showed 32 this morning though, so it must have detected Grandad driving home last night!

Back