New owner impressions

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a first-time buyer (4h - 2.4 update) and am annoyed at how much I'm enjoying it...

:lol:

It's a shame most comments so far are about its shortcomings, though. Ergonomically I absolutely commend the seating position: I needed a tall car and it's amazing to get into and out of, with improved seats over the 2.0 (more upright, only marginally, but the difference is noticeable to someone who's had spinal surgery!). In addition, it has lights for your feet!

Lights for your feet!

I've always wanted a car that lights my feet!

XO))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Driver's footrest is brilliant, rear space is great (not for more than two in the back, but still lots of legroom and headroom), and this is the only car where I don't begrudge a camera (especially the front, which is vital considering the length of nose). That said, I do miss sensors and am considering having them fitted from the local dealer.

And I tried SPORT for the first time yesterday. And properly. I live near big hills and it makes a mahoosive difference to driving style, particularly as my hills are no speed limit.

XO)))))))))))))))))))

It shunts off brilliantly. For those who have said it's boring, it really isn't when you have the opportunity to give it welly. Yes, it's not Tesla-fast or an i-Pace, but I'm so glad I got this over the other hybrids I was looking at (particularly RAV4s and Lexus NXs). The hybrid system is just so much better than others, particularly PHEVs when you bring the paddles into it. BMW was lovely to drive but you just don't have the control that you do coming down a mad gradient hill and faff around between B1 and B5.

Swallowing the pride and now admitting 'shortcomings'...

Yes, there are tons of them. Such as there's far too much console room wasted considering the daft placement of buttons. Absurd considering the stick is lonesome and you have to break your arm to get a warm arse (so to speak...). And, the most irritating of all: memory of everything: it's not beyond the realms of firmware to simply remember your everyday driving settings. Having to press fifteen button combinations just before you set off might not be a hardship but it's still something that software could have solved prior to release. Makes it feel like you're driving a Commodore 64 which then takes ten minutes pairing a bluetooth when all you want is a CD player...

But, to finish with the positives again, I think this tells it best:

My group of mates derided me for going electric. Not that I care, I'm the one laughing about saving a grand a year in petrol. But when picking them up for a lift out, they were all silent in the car as it wafted along. At the traffic lights the only sound was the engine of the car behind. Then that little hum you get when you set off made everyone break the silence and it finished with the most ardent hater saying; 'I've got to hand it to you mate, it's won me over.'

Job done.

8O)

THE said:
Having to press fifteen button combinations just before you set off might not be a hardship but it's still something that software could have solved prior to release.

Yep we all hear you - ECO, AVAS off, B5 click click click. Why not just remember my settings from last time?
There was a guy here in Australia that made a circuit which made ECO the default, but didn't seem worth it to me for 1 button.

At least you have the "EV" button that the MY14/15 didn't have.

Enjoy your PHEV!

Back