North West Group

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had my GX4H since early July and I am really impressed with it. The last fill of petrol 36ltrs the vehicle covered 885 miles, an amazing 113mpg. :D

HughM said:
I have had my GX4H since early July and I am really impressed with it. The last fill of petrol 36ltrs the vehicle covered 885 miles, an amazing 113mpg. :D

Fantastic, cant wait for mine to come, it seems to be taking forever to get to October

Mine was due on 20th August, I asked them if they could give me a September delivery so I could have the new 64 plate. Getting my GX4H next Monday, the day of the new reg! I'm in Liverpool.

pupenhausen said:
Mine was due on 20th August, I asked them if they could give me a September delivery so I could have the new 64 plate. Getting my GX4H next Monday, the day of the new reg! I'm in Liverpool.

Hi, Congratulations. bet you cant wait, i'm in Lowton near Haydock Park so not to far away. Still 5 weeks for me to wait.

Hello,

I'm near Warrington, and collect my GX4hs tomorrow. (I wonder if the dealer will supply it 1/4 charged; as seems to be the fill level in the fuel tanks of new cars that you tend to buy these days :lol: )

Paul.

Tyke said:
Hello,

I'm near Warrington, and collect my GX4hs tomorrow. (I wonder if the dealer will supply it 1/4 charged; as seems to be the fill level in the fuel tanks of new cars that you tend to buy these days :lol: )

Paul.

Congrats Paul; be sure to let us know your first impressions!

Only had a little pootle around in it today ...... it was about 1/2 charged when I picked it up, so a good 1/4 more than I (jokingly) thought it might be :roll:

I put my foot down once to check that it had an ICE, and I am presuming it does because a saw a graphic on the info screen to say that it had one (OK, I peeped under the bonnet later just to check!).

I've done the blokey thing by sitting inside the cabin and pressing all the buttons to see what they do, rather than reading the manual :lol:

Only glitch so far was with tuning the DAB; it seems that the station list crashed when it reached Five Live, so doesn't list any further stations (although I can select the unnamed channels that carry Five Live, 6Music etc, but it is not really satisfactory - perhaps I will need to read the manual to find out how to do a hard reset).

Had mine 5 days now,so far very impressed. I have done only limited ev driving,but had a 600 mile round trip to The Goodwood revival,no I was not allowed to park in the field with the ferraris and lambos.
The car returned about 40mpg both ways,done mainly on cruise control at circa 65mph,and obviously on ICE all the time,so happy with that.
The car is very comfortable,but the ride a bit harsher than my previous RR Sport,but cornering superior.
It is very impressive that you hardly ever hear the engine,and the switch between battery and ICE is virtually undetectable except under harsh acceleration.The sat nav is very good,but takes a while to play with all the settings.
I have just set up the android app,the wifi range is short,but ok for me. Plenty of toys,bells and whistles to play with and I am enjoying the new learning experience.
I do many trips in the lake district so keen to do some hills,hope it is OK in the snow

Overall I think Mitsubishi have done a good job and got the compromise about right for my normal shortish journeys,for high mileage drivers this car is not suitable,and the dealers where keen to point this out.
GX4H Pearl white

Tyke said:

I've done the blokey thing by sitting inside the cabin and pressing all the buttons to see what they do, rather than reading the manual :lol:

Lucky you don't have the "GX4hs 007 Special Edition" - the neighbour's cat would be singed and your son would be stuck up a tree where the ejector seat left him!

Hi All

Pick my GX4H up on thursday (Atlantic Grey) after only ordering it 2 weeks ago :D Was a snap decision (and financial as a business owner) but was impressed on test drive with its space, spec and potential economy (majority of driving is local and fairly rural). Dash is a not the best but am sure I can live with that.

Wasn't sure whether I am actually classed as North West as I'm just over the border in Gods Country, but we get all the North West channels on TV so hopefully I'll be accepted :oops:

Look forward to talking to everyone.

Picking up my 4hs in atlantic grey tomorrow.

The wait has been both tantalising and excruciating simultaneously.

Slightly gutted to have seen another grey one in Knutsford just today... :evil:

Picked mine up today :D

Have driven about 50 miles back home and thoroughly enjoyed playing with the toys...although not sure if any of the modes actually improved my fuel consumption. Sadly dealership hadnt charged battery up so got some charge whilst on idle. before I left.

Very happy with ride and comfort but need to get my head around all the settings.

Collected it yesterday on schedule yesterday and drove about 20 miles home then placed on charge as I had a 50 mile trip to Preston for dinner & a show. Outward trip showed 70+mpg but used all the battery, naturally. Return trip was therefore all ICE, but still returned a commendable 34mpg.

I was paranoid about leaving the car in a multi-storey car park at Preston above the Guild Hall, but returned to find no dings, etc.

Wading through the manual now...but it is heavy going. I think I shall have to make my reading more selective.

Day one in the electric wonder.

Just over 120 miles done today.

I charged it overnight and fuel tank was also full. Up this morning at 0600, I'd mastered the app and got into a warm and toasty car for the 52 miles across the Pennines from Manchester to Chesterfield. I thought it best to leave the machine to its own devices for the first run, in eco. Using brake regen. 3., I achieved 42.9 mpg which, considering the cold start-up temperature and the undulating journey, put my old Grand Cherokee's 22mpg over the same route to absolute shame. Looking good.

Plugged in at destination for a bit of charge and set back off with an indicated battery range of 36 miles - way more than anyone seems to have reported on here; lucky..?

I tinkered about on the way home, saving the battery going up inclines and charging on the levels, whilst always using regen. 3.

Home again for lunch. Plugged in for an hour and then did the final 18 miles of the day entirely on electric.

Overall economy for the day has come in at 60.4mpg, which I am absolutely cock-a-hoop about. Range is still showing 278 miles.

There is no doubt, coming from an ICE as a newbie to phev., it makes you readdress your driving habits and skills. I'm not going to be the annoying old git at the front of a queue holding everyone up, but I did find myself conserving the battery life like one would when the fuel light comes on in a standard car; I'm hoping that novelty never wears off !

Looking ahead, I can only foresee the economics of this vehicle improving for me. Long treks will be the exception. Local charge points seem to be quite plentiful and I will be able to plan journeys around them with minimal inconvenience.

I must admit to having some niggling doubts before taking delivery, but now it has arrived, I am pleasantly...more than pleasantly, surprised up to now.

Back