sat nav not working

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyjo

This query may sound odd but I am not good with technology and despite having recently bought an Outlander with Sat Nav (and a radio) I have not had occasion to use either till now.
I decided to have a go at using the Sat Nav yesterday but find that it does not seem to be working properly. I have also noticed that the aerial is missing but don't know if the two things could be connected. Do i need the aerial for the Sat Nav to work? Can anyone shed light on this?

Define "does not work" ....

Does it not turn on on when switch the power button?
Can it not find a location or route?
Is your car wrongly located on the map?

The car certainly has a GPS antenna, but it is not user-accessible nor user-visible.
There is a manual with the MMCS, and whilst it may look daunting, if you take some time to sit in the car and run through the appropriate section, you'll find the navigation quite usable. Otherwise ask your dealer to give you a short instruction in the basics. You need to go there to screw in a radio aerial anyway, if it is really missing. It is the little fin on the back above the boot lid. (or stick if you bought an older model)

2014 4hs, missing Ariel. Bought new one, £40+, ludicrous money, GMD in Durham gave me a discount. Fitted it and then found the one supplied with the car, had not been fitted, under the rear seat squawb. Result but expensive as I'd already fitted the replacement!

Claymore said:
I've got a feeling this was the one I would have flagged up if I'd known about the 'Exclamation Mark'.

JimB

Jim, am I missing something? I can't see a problem with either the question or replies?

Back