Bought EvBatMon for Xmas

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Claymore said:
HHL said:
Claymore said:
I've now bought EVBatMon and it is very good.

As an amateur technologist I would appreciate (despite the app's title and primary function) being also able to see the petrol consumption details on the app and as here in the UK although are forced to buy fuel in litres many (most?) still think miles per gallon in respect of fuel consumption rather than km per litre. I've already messaged EVBat re this and the response being that as two people have now asked for this from the UK it will move up their wish list I can only assume to be mickey taking :)

I feel that as the app installed is for the Outlander PHEV which does have hybrid qualities that the app, for me, is incomplete without the ability to cater for all of its sources of power.

JimB

The built in trip meter on the MMCS screen does that quite well, just press reset when it is in auto mode as soon as the battery is depleted and the engine starts, and there you have it !

Maybe I'm being obtuse (and I am increasingly so!) but if I've got to wait until the battery is depleted and at the moment the engine starts press rest I don't think that's very user friendly.

What I want to be able to extract from the system is the overall long term fuel consumption figure.

That graph which is revealed in the long term history is so vague as be as useful as the proverbial ashtray on a motorcycle.

I'm less bothered about results for individual journeys.

JimB

Don't knock ashtrays on motor bikes....
If you want to measure the petrol fuel use without first discharging the battery, just hit save mode. The trip meter will show the petrol consumption. In any case, the fuel consumption under various conditions is well documented on the forum, I would expect most PHEV's would be within that range (6 to 8l/100km) in hybrid mode.

I bought the one in the earlier post and it came from China in about a week. Just happens to be listed in eBay Australia, but dealer is Chinese. No problems. Plugged it in and it worked with another OBD iPhone program.

I've just got hold of an andriod tablet and tried to download the app. Google play keeps telling me I can't buy it because of the risk!..Can anyone help?

Tipper said:
tried to download the app. Google play keeps telling me I can't buy it because of the risk!..Can anyone help?

Hi Tipper, I can see your attempts to purchase EvBatMon, and there was a customer in Spain a couple of days ago who was getting the same response (I see "The transaction was considered fraudulent."). Unfortunately there is not much I can do about this, for some reason your chosen payment method is considered "risky". It looks like Google is being overly cautious and stopping some legitimate transactions. I will lodge a complaint with Google now I know some of these transactions are definitely legitimate, in the meantime my only suggestion is to try a different payment method, sorry.

There is a bit more information here - https://support.google.com/payments/merchant/answer/1385360?hl=en&ref_topic=1385359

Also, in the UK you might need to do this -
https://support.google.com/payments/answer/6220286?hl=en&ref_topic=6209953

Thanks zz. It was PayPal that I used although that may revert to a credit card if my bank fails to deliver!

I'm new to Google and Android so I will have a look at the links you advised and see where that takes me.

Is there any other way to download the app? Perhaps to my PC and then to the tablet?

Thanks

Herbiem said:
Which OBD dongle should I buy in the UK?

The evbatmon website lists some that work and some that don't but all links are Aus.

This is the one I bought;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/280-7358443-7992804?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=icarsoft+i620&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aicarsoft+

I bought the Bluetooth version and it works great with EVBatMon and Torque Lite.

Edit: This is one of the units 'approved' by EVBatMon.
Edit 2: I didn't buy mine from either of these suppliers...I think I paid rather more but can't find the records at the moment.

JimB

Bought also EVBATMON and a OBDLink LX Bluetooth adapter for a European PHEV

It seems not working, in the debug file I get the following messages:

2016Jan26 18:13:04 Main.OpenMenu.22016Jan26 18:13:04 BLUETOOTH CONNECTION2016Jan26 18:13:12 Exception in : Main.OBD_NewData:BadData? : java.lang.NumberFormatException: Invalid int: "RO"2016Jan26 18:13:21 ERROR : OBD Adapter not supported (question mark reply) to ATSH761
2016Jan26 18:13:34 Main.OpenMenu.32016Jan26 18:13:37 Main.OpenMenu.22016Jan26 18:13:37 BLUETOOTH CONNECTION2016Jan26 18:14:06 Main.OpenMenu.42016Jan26 18:14:55 Main.OpenMenu.22016Jan26 18:14:55 BLUETOOTH CONNECTION2016Jan26 18:15:00 OBDresumeTimer_tick - No reply received, restarting.2016Jan26 18:15:00 BLUETOOTH CONNECTION2016Jan26 18:15:50 OBDresumeTimer_tick - No reply received, restarting.2016Jan26 18:15:50 BLUETOOTH CONNECTION2016Jan26 18:15:58 Main.OpenMenu.42016Jan26 18:16:14 Exception in : Main.OBD_NewData:BadData? : java.lang.NumberFormatException: Invalid int: "RO"2016Jan26 18:16:14 Main.Activity_KeyPress:42016Jan26 18:16:50 Main.OpenMenu.22016Jan26 18:16:50 BLUETOOTH CONNECTION2016Jan26 18:16:56 Exception in : Main.OBD_NewData:BadData? : java.lang.NumberFormatException: Invalid int: "RO"2016Jan26 18:18:04 Exception in : OBDService.BTInOut_Error : java.io.IOException: bt socket closed, read return: -12016Jan26 18:22:04 Exception in : OBDService.BTInOut_Error : java.io.IOException: Broken pipe2016Jan26 18:22:08 Main.Activity_KeyPress:4

Any Idea or help ? Device is paired and active

Some interesting data I collected today with EvBatMon.

For example, I put the "Charge Current" PID on the batt.page and was at a Chademo. 51 Amp DC (at 321V = 16.4 kW)... nice and very accurate! Same number on the charger!....

chamocurr.png

Then I went a little uphill to visit friends up there:

Some dashcam pics:

Through a very old and very narrow bridge (which is actually on the Camino de Santiago)

Thanks Mitsubishi for the folding side mirrors

Into winter wonderland

On the way back, a sign you won't see a lot in Australia: "Skiier crossing road"

Last boring one: View down on Lake Zürich

Back to topic and the important stuff.

Here's a screencopy showing >90 Amps charging when going downhill in B5 AND a slight tip on the brake (it is only around 50 Amps in B5 without touching the brakepedal!)

b5andbreak.png

JKL said:
Bought also EVBATMON and a OBDLink LX Bluetooth adapter

Hi JKL,
Sorry to hear you are having problems. The OBDLink LX bluetooth should definitely work with the PHEV as it is one of the OBD we use in testing. I can't see from the debug log what the cause of the problem is, so I'll work with you offline to figure out what the problem is.

Kim said:

For example, I put the "Charge Current" PID on the batt.page and was at a Chademo. 51 Amp DC (at 321V = 16.4 kW)... nice and very accurate! Same number on the charger!....

]

Would be interesting to see how much charge you get going downhill in B0 and just using the brake pedal. My theory is that it would be the same.

HHL said:
Kim said:

]

Would be interesting to see how much charge you get going downhill in B0 and just using the brake pedal. My theory is that it would be the same.
Exactly what I wanted to ask (although I would have quoted a different part of Kim's post).

In theory, yes. But I am pretty sure that making the same descent at the same speed in B0 will result in less regen and thus more use of friction brakes. Would be nice if Kim (or somebody else who is doing lot of serious descents) could confirm.

anko said:
Would be nice if Kim (or somebody else who is doing lot of serious descents) could confirm.
Although I cannot confirm any of the B0 - theories, I highly doubt charge currents anywhere near these of B5.
I will give it a try next time I leave the house....

You're right anko and Kim ;)

Many months ago, a guy on the forum had published his measurements of each Bx (in A or kWh, I don't remember), with or without pushing the brake pedal, and one could see that the power of regeneration are rather different.
It's always better to be in B5 for a strong regeneration.

Unfortunately I can't find his post :oops:

anko said:
Something like this?

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18003#p18003

Whilst I have no reason to doubt your figures, is part of the difference, at least, due to the time lag in B0 between moving your foot from accelerator to brake pedal? In B5 regen commences as soon as you lift but in B0 not until you start braking.

Back