Bought EvBatMon for Xmas

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J., if you'd make the alarm sound customizable, I'd add an extra "SOC% real" gauge to the homescreen and use the two gauges alarms to give out a voice saying "99 percent", "100 percent", "101% percent" and so on....

I just measured the extra km today: 5 km extra if I start at 104% SOC !!

Mats said:
Mats said:
You inspired me, great app!

Evbatmon is reporting 33,6 Ah Battery Capacity and 88.42 PCM.

My car is manufactured 2013-12 and have been used (and charged) more or less every day since 2014-04 total 55500 km, 2 589 km/mounth. My commuting distance are 15 km single trip (more or less 100% EV), but due to many long distance trips some of them towing a caravan my mean gasoline usage is 0,55 l/10km.

I don´t know what is was from the beginning but if we suppose it was 38 Ah I have lost (38-33,6)/21 = 0,21 Ah/mounth since I start using it.

Today (almost one month later) it is reporting 33,4 Ah and 87,89. For me it looks like the degradation is linear.

I get about the same values, 0.2 Ah/mounth in degradation.

Screenshot_2016_02_28_14_06_01.png

Well its long overdue so I thought I'd better post an update to EvBatMon. New features are -

* Auto-connect to OBD
* Units of measurement - Metric, Imperial, US
* Filtered PID list
* Negative dial gauges
* Screenshot camera icon in bottom right
* Blank screen "My PID's"
* Upload your battery degradation data to http://www.EvBatMon.com, and compare to other PHEV owners (the website generates a graph like this for your PHEV )

I have 33.6 Ah and 88.42% with 15000km only and I bought the car October 2014 !! This is a degradation of 0.26 Ah a month

Mine is from July 2015. 21200km and the batery now indicates 35.3 Ah. This are the graphs that I get. I use fast charging very often.

281fd4.jpg

15ob04n.jpg

Esparza said:
batery now indicates 35.3 Ah. This are the graphs that I get.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Remember that at first you will only have a couple of closely spaced data points so the curve won't be very accurate at predicting future capacity. However, after some time and distance the curve will get more and more accurate, and also allow you to detect early signs of possible battery failure.

Yes, in fact first time I sent info to the web the graph looked like this, fortunately its becoming better with more points. It will be nice to share all our results to compare degradation vs use pattern of the car (fast charging, km per year, temperatures etc). I'm getting really useful info, thanks for the app.

330xk5e.jpg

Ok, got the i620 bluetooth dongle, seems to work. However, it happens sometimes, the connection is interrupted and I have to reconnect it. Strangest thing of all: some PIDs cause the app to crash, for example if I add the fuel consumption or the engine load. Anyone experienced the same? :?

gwatpe said:
The 120000km PHEV would be mainly petrol km. age of the car would be of use, maybe from a VIN.

This data point was part of some battery data collected on a Dutch forum derived from dealership servicing. There is no VIN against the data, so no build date unfortunately.

Are we sure that the battery has not been changed under warranty? There are more data points of that phev? For example i update battery info of my car every week. I think that data point is almost imposible, and it modifies so much the "all vehicles" degradation curve.

Hi

Is anyone removing the OBD2 sender before switching off and replacing after switching on, as per the guidance?

I have found that sometimes leaving it in results in the engine management light staying on and no response to the start button.

Cheers

Chris

Esparza said:
Are we sure that the battery has not been changed under warranty? There are more data points of that phev?

We cannot be sure that battery was not changed, however I think that is very unlikely. However like gwatpe suggested, 120,000 km for a car only max 2 years old means most of those km HAD to be petrol and not battery. Realistically you would struggle doing more than 20,000km/yr on pure electric, let alone 60,000km. I am chasing up the source of that datapoint to see if I can get any more information.

Also, what is becoming apparent as more data is collected from multiple brands of EV & PHEV is a theory that battery age might be a bigger determining factor of capacity than km travelled. For BEV such as the iMiEV, Leaf and Tesla where there is no other energy source the age vs distance trend is also starting to appear.

We were hoping to find an accurate build date in one of the PHEV ECU's (VIN gives year however that is not accurate enough), so instead we will get users to enter it on the www.EvBatMon.com website which will allow age comparisons as well as distance.

Lyra252 said:
Hi

Is anyone removing the OBD2 sender before switching off and replacing after switching on, as per the guidance?

I have found that sometimes leaving it in results in the engine management light staying on and no response to the start button.

Cheers

Chris

I have had many warning lights appear and stick in the PHEV computer memory. Torque PRO has allowed me to reset the warnings and continue on my way. I only now connect the OBD device when I want to check the battery health.

The PHEV CAN-bus seems fragile when it encounters packets of data with an error. As much as I believe that data collection is allowing me to get more from the car, I am not prepared to continue long term monitoring when unexplained error messages continue to disrupt and corrupt the logging process.

The 5 stars have been given by beta-testers, since it was the condition to be reimbursed :lol:

I am a beta-tester too, and that's worth my 10 euros just for the health functionality. So I've put 3 stars = not so bad ;)

I would only believe the battery condition. 105%SOC is not that a big deal and shows variations in measurements more than a believable number.

Back