Bought EvBatMon for Xmas

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Evbatmon is now working finally. I was astonished to see a condition of 88.2% for my battery. The car is from October 14 and I have run about 14000km, mainly EV. Should this be a matter of concern ?

JKL said:
condition of 88.2% for my battery. The car is from October 14 and I have run about 14000km, mainly EV. Should this be a matter of concern ?

It does seem a bit low for only 14Kkm, however remember the calculated capacity can go up as well as down. I suspect a complete drain of the battery resets the capacity calculation. So when you say "mainly EV", have you recently had the ICE run due to flat battery so a subsequent charge will give a better capacity calculation?
Very soon you will be able to compare your battery verses age and km automatically against other PHEV owners, stay tuned!

About 10 days ago I drove 1000km, with only 1 charge and the remaining on fuel, might that be the reason ?

Tipper said:
I've just got hold of an andriod tablet and tried to download the app. Google play keeps telling me I can't buy it because of the risk!..Can anyone help?

Finally got my android tablet sorted out by deleting the Google account and fully resetting the tablet! It was a second hand tablet and I suspect it had not been fully reset as it keeps asking me if I want to look and foreign web sites.
Re-enrolled to Google and verified the payment account and away we go!

Now just got to find the wifi OBD dongle... :mrgreen:

JKL said:
About 10 days ago I drove 1000km, with only 1 charge and the remaining on fuel, might that be the reason ?
Going on that 1000km trip would not have caused your PMC (battery capacity) to drop significantly. I'm still to work out what the "trigger" is for a small increase in capacity of my battery, however a "flat" battery is one possibility. The only event that happened at the time is like you I fully drained the battery on a longer trip. I also observed another user have a small increase about the same time so also wonder if it the recalculation/re-calibration could be calendar based?

PS just for fun - creative spelling in a google search someone typed yesterday - "new mitzabushie"

Screenshot_2016_01_14_19_24_29.png

My PHEV get this from EvBatMon...

Has owned it since November 2013.
35000km with an average fuel consumption of 2.6l / 100km

/Johan

nahoj56 said:
Thanks for posting.
That's some cold cells you have there : -2 to 4 degrees, well for Australia anyway! It is known that winter range is not quite so big as summer, it will be interesting to see whether an increase in ambient temperature might be one reason battery capacity could occasionally show an increase.
Interesting also that your BatMaxOut was only 56.5kW, usually that is 60+ however I have yet to work out when the MaxIn and MaxOut kW values "reset".

zzcoopej said:
nahoj56 said:
Thanks for posting.
That's some cold cells you have there : -2 to 4 degrees, well for Australia anyway! It is known that winter range is not quite so big as summer, it will be interesting to see whether an increase in ambient temperature might be one reason battery capacity could occasionally show an increase.
Interesting also that your BatMaxOut was only 56.5kW, usually that is 60+ however I have yet to work out when the MaxIn and MaxOut kW values "reset".

Yes, it has been quite low temperatures here .. Will be interesting to see if the value of the capacity increases when it gets warmer.
At -8 degrees can I get 30km without heat, and at -2 up to 35km.

zzcoopej said:
Mats said:
Evbatmon is reporting 33,6 Ah Battery Capacity and 88.42 PCM.
I don´t know what is was from the beginning but if we suppose it was 38 Ah I have lost (38-33,6)/21 = 0,21 Ah/mounth since I start using it.

I just thought I'd show you what we've been working on for the next version of EvBatMon - http://www.evpositive.com/battery-history.html . This is real data from my PHEV!

This feature should be ready for beta testing in the next week or two, however in the meantime EvBatMon is already collecting your battery capacity data against time and distance. So you can look forward to seeing this automatically being graphed in the future.

Nice! If you need a Beta tester, I am here for you ;-)

Mats said:
You inspired me, great app!

Evbatmon is reporting 33,6 Ah Battery Capacity and 88.42 PCM.

My car is manufactured 2013-12 and have been used (and charged) more or less every day since 2014-04 total 55500 km, 2 589 km/mounth. My commuting distance are 15 km single trip (more or less 100% EV), but due to many long distance trips some of them towing a caravan my mean gasoline usage is 0,55 l/10km.

I don´t know what is was from the beginning but if we suppose it was 38 Ah I have lost (38-33,6)/21 = 0,21 Ah/mounth since I start using it.

Today (almost one month later) it is reporting 33,4 Ah and 87,89. For me it looks like the degradation is linear.

Kim said:
Lately I sometimes get <100% real SOC shown when I take off.
Is that a good sign?

You must have just charged the PHEV? The SOC drops off quite rapidly for the first few percent in the first couple of hours after a full charge. Mitsubishi count this "bonus" as >100% as you need to drive the car within an hour or 2 of charging to get it.

J., that leads to another useful feature you could add:
I do sometimes use EvBatMon to monitor the charging (good connection from the car to my living room..!)
How abaout one could select an alarm when charging current drops to 0 Amps when charging finished?
I wouldn't have to look on my phone so many times then! ?

Edit:
Dang, I just realized, that I can probably tinker that feature in EvBatMon myself, after all you already provided an inbuilt programable alarm function, right?!?

2. Edit:
Well, still, in this case, a more constant alarm signal would be more useful instead of just one short beep....

Kim said:
a more constant alarm signal would be more useful instead of just one short beep....

I had planned to allow a custom sound to play for warning and alarm, maybe it is back on the cards.

PS judging by your signature, looks like your PHEV turned 1 yesterday!

Neigh, it didn't work.

Bluetooth dongle broadcasted 2 and 3 Amps for 35 Minutes after 100% was reached,
but then at aprox. 103% it went straight from 2 Amps to jibberish cause data stream musta clipped the very same second the car went from 2 Amps to shutdown :(

Back