Inbound ships for September UK deliveries

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the original post.......

Fortune7 said:
My dealer was confident that after docking, customs clearance is 2 days then delivery to dealer a further 10 days, so realistically a couple of weeks should be about right, if all goes well (weather, strikes, etc. permitting!)

Cheers, Andy

I spoke to the dealership today asking about lead time if I ordered this month.
I was told that they are having some GX4 delivered end of September to sell.
Even in a choice of colour. GX3 would be a special order though - so this ties up with what has previously been mentioned.

Now my guess is, Mitsu are confident of shifting these with the new 64 plate due in Sept.

dont appreciate how big that ship is until you see

showphoto.aspx

david1972 said:
chindley said:
It's on the move again
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:34.98069/centery:29.50049/zoom:8/mmsi:563262000

:D :D :D

Do you know I am not convinced that this current voyage of the vessel Boheme has any PHEV's on it. It has not been near Japan for months - mainly US waters and the Gulf. Also, it is due to dock in Zeebrugge around 26/8 and may not call in Southampton which means if there are any PHEV's on board they will have to be 'fed' across to the UK on a feeder vessel. I think that is more likely that another vessel is en route from Japan, possibly an NYK RoRo vessel, may be due Southampton mid September.

I could of course be totally wrong but there a few things that don't stack up!

When my dealer confirmed with Mitsubishi that the Boheme had my vehicle, I tracked it and it had departed from Japan in (I think) early July. Since then it's been to South Korea, China, Singapore and Aqaba, according to records on Marinetraffic.com. I'd be interested to know where your info came from, especially ETA dates for Europe!

Cheers, Andy

Fortune7 said:
When my dealer confirmed with Mitsubishi that the Boheme had my vehicle, I tracked it and it had departed from Japan in (I think) early July. Since then it's been to South Korea, China, Singapore and Aqaba, according to records on Marinetraffic.com. I'd be interested to know where your info came from, especially ETA dates for Europe!

Cheers, Andy

Current update on the vessel Boheme is that she is now due Zeebruuge on 27/8 and she currently has no routing for either Southampton or Bristol, however, that could change. Phever, the vessel Torino is currently due in Portbury on 01/09 and this makes more sense. There are a rash of car carriers due in Portbury through the first two weeks of September many of which are operated by Japanese carrier NYK who do an awful lot of work with Mitsubishi and their import & refurbishment centre in Bristol. Time will tell!

They sure are getting a lot of deliveries, yay!

Mine is on the 'Themis Leader' due in on Sept 10th. currently just entering the Suez Canal.

THEMIS_LEADER.jpg

It looks a massive ship.

chindley said:
No idea which mine is on, it's due at the dealer on the 8th October. :p
the ships hold approx 6500 vehicles :eek:

Crikey, I thought they may have had hundreds on board, but 6.5k!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow!

There are a lot of Ro/Ro vessels currently en route to the UK and also continental Europe where many of the PHEV's will be discharged. So over the coming weeks you will see many of these ships doing 'milk rounds' around the European ports before arriving in the UK.

david1972 said:
chindley said:
No idea which mine is on, it's due at the dealer on the 8th October. :p
the ships hold approx 6500 vehicles :eek:

Crikey, I thought they may have had hundreds on board, but 6.5k!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow!

You can understand why it takes them so long to unload, can't you?

Back