Inbound ships for September UK deliveries

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ordered mine early July, was told 1/2 week Sept, checked with Dealer yesterday, he now advised 11th Sept at Portbury, then approx 1 week to get to him. So, could be on Themis Leader maybe?

I was also offered help with a loan car until mine came in (as I am company car man, my Passat is going back 2nd Sept!), will post closer to this date to let others know if this is free or subsidised etc...

Just seen on marinetraffic.com an update for 'Boheme' now departed Greece with a new destination 'UK SRS' which surprises me if (indeed) its next stop is UK. My dealer told me it wouldn't be docking until a few days into September (i.e. expect a late September actual delivery). In reality, I can't believe there aren't more stops in the Med. before here, but it does state an ETA of 25 August. After being told the 'Boheme' was delayed 2 weeks, is it now making-up time by coming straight here? (yeah, probably not!).
Anyone with a wider appreciation of this ship's routing, please enlighten us........ ;)
Cheers, Andy

Themis seems to be having a good old wander around.

Port Said to Alexandria, now back to Beirut, where next.....

Interesting to watch it's progress though. ;)

Fortune7 said:
Just seen on marinetraffic.com an update for 'Boheme' now departed Greece with a new destination 'UK SRS' which surprises me if (indeed) its next stop is UK. My dealer told me it wouldn't be docking until a few days into September (i.e. expect a late September actual delivery). In reality, I can't believe there aren't more stops in the Med. before here, but it does state an ETA of 25 August. After being told the 'Boheme' was delayed 2 weeks, is it now making-up time by coming straight here? (yeah, probably not!).
Anyone with a wider appreciation of this ship's routing, please enlighten us........ ;)
Cheers, Andy

Do we know where SRS is....Southampton?

tarq said:
Themis seems to be having a good old wander around.

Port Said to Alexandria, now back to Beirut, where next.....

Interesting to watch it's progress though. ;)

All pretty unstable places - hope nobody sinks it before they've unloaded our cars!

david1972 said:
Fortune7 said:
Cheers, Andy

Think it means satellite reporting system?

Eggtastico said:
david1972 said:
Fortune7 said:
Cheers, Andy

Think it means satellite reporting system?

Ah :oops: :lol:

This is all very interesting. I thought my GX4h was already in the country but now my dealer has told me that it's not. They had originally told me it was due on the 12th August. Now he thinks it will be arriving at Portbury but can't tell me exactly when or what the ship is. I was expecting to take delivery on Sep 1st with a newly purchased private 64 plate.

Any idea how to find out what ships are due at Portbury in the next few weeks?

dmd said:
This is all very interesting. I thought my GX4h was already in the country but now my dealer has told me that it's not. They had originally told me it was due on the 12th August. Now he thinks it will be arriving at Portbury but can't tell me exactly when or what the ship is. I was expecting to take delivery on Sep 1st with a newly purchased private 64 plate.

It's probably somewhere on Lloyds List, but a subscription costs mega-bucks and I don't know anyone with one.

maby said:
dmd said:

It's probably somewhere on Lloyds List, but a subscription costs mega-bucks and I don't know anyone with one.

We have Lloyds List and it's not shown in there, in part due to the fickle nature of RoRo vessels.

The following is a link to the Port of Bristol website that show current and future movements. There are a whole raft of car carriers due in over the coming weeks:

http://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping-information/forward-movements

david1972 said:
Some vessel names familiar to this thread on there :cool:

No sign of mv Boheme though......I wonder if she is making a guest appearance at Sheerness!?!?!? Her port ops people tell me that she still has no UK routing........at the moment...... ;)

Tristar500 said:
david1972 said:

No sign of mv Boheme though......I wonder if she is making a guest appearance at Sheerness!?!?!? Her port ops people tell me that she still has no UK routing........at the moment...... ;)

I know mate, I was looking for her too :(

Tristar500 said:
david1972 said:

There's an interesting idea - we sail past Sheerness most weekends - wonder if I can stop off and pick up the car fresh off the boat?

maby said:
Tristar500 said:
david1972 said:

There's an interesting idea - we sail past Sheerness most weekends - wonder if I can stop off and pick up the car fresh off the boat?

Sheerness has a huge new car handling set up and WW vessels are frequent callers but I cannot help thinking that most Mitsubishi vehicles arrive via Portbury.

Tristar500 said:
maby said:
dmd said:

We have Lloyds List and it's not shown in there, in part due to the fickle nature of RoRo vessels.

The following is a link to the Port of Bristol website that show current and future movements. There are a whole raft of car carriers due in over the coming weeks:

http://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping-information/forward-movements

That's interesting, my leasing company couldn't tell me what boat mine was on, but said that Mitsu give them a date exactly one month from when it gets into the docks (although it is usually sooner). There is a boat from Japan in to Portbury called HESTIA LEADER due in on the 8th Sept and my delivery date is 8th Oct... I wonder :?
That poses me with another problem, I am sending my current lease car back 5 months early and paying the penalty charge as I will still be saving money. But do I wait till November 1st and get the Tyre Pressure Monitors that have to be fitted to all new vehicles registered after 1st Nov or risk sending mine back end of Sept and be without a car for a week or so but have the PHEV earlier..... Decisions

chindley said:

http://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping-information/forward-movements[/quote]

That's interesting, my leasing company couldn't tell me what boat mine was on, but said that Mitsu give them a date exactly one month from when it gets into the docks (although it is usually sooner). There is a boat from Japan in to Portbury called HESTIA LEADER due in on the 8th Sept and my delivery date is 8th Oct... I wonder :?
That poses me with another problem, I am sending my current lease car back 5 months early and paying the penalty charge as I will still be saving money. But do I wait till November 1st and get the Tyre Pressure Monitors that have to be fitted to all new vehicles registered after 1st Nov or risk sending mine back end of Sept and be without a car for a week or so but have the PHEV earlier..... Decisions[/quote]

Where did you get that tasty morcel about TPM's from, young man? :D

david1972 said:

There's been a long thread running on the subject here for many days. The information seemed to be that they were being fitted on all new Outlanders being imported right now, so probably no need to delay the delivery of the car.

maby said:
david1972 said:

There's been a long thread running on the subject here for many days. The information seemed to be that they were being fitted on all new Outlanders being imported right now, so probably no need to delay the delivery of the car.

Eu legislation. Any new vehicle registered from 1st Nov this year has to have a TPM fitted. From what I can gather and I may be wrong, it is already on the vehicle but not activated, you need the sensors fitting on the inside of the tyre valve and then register each sensor with a special "magic" gismo that is then plugged in to the cars ECU and downloaded, so maybe this is something done at the dealers on vehicles from 1st Nov.

http://www.techeurope.co.uk/tech/news/view/35/European-legislation-on-TPMS-imminent

Back